Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How do you switch the phone to airplane mode so neither the phone nor the data works?

And is there a way to disable just the pda portion of it so if I'm in a basement it doesn't keep buzzing that a connection can't be made?

thx
    Press and hold the end key until the phone shuts off. You should see a graphic screen and a sound the indicates the phone is shutting off. If successful, you will see "phone off" at the top of the phone. The phone's radio is off at this point so no calls or data will be received.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    even when i do that i keep gettin "msn connection failed" why is it trying if the phone and data is off?
    Well if msn is set to auto log you in, its going to try no matter what. Change the settings to not auto log you in.
    To get the phone in airplane mode, you have to tap the signal bar indicator. From the window that appears, select airplane mode. I don't know if that has any bearing on MSN (don't use it) but holding down the end key only turns off the radios. The only reason I point that out is that IE will turn the radio back on if you try to browse while the radios are turned off, but it asks for confirmation to exit airplane mode and turn them on.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The 750 has no "airplane mode" setting from the signal bar. As mentioned above, press and hold the red power button and you should eventually see "Phone Off" in the display.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Actually he is correct, it's a few more steps vs. just pressing and holding the red phone button, but tapping on the status bars brings up a pop up, then you tap on wireless manager, then you tap on Phone, and it will either shut down, or power on your wireless.
    I don't know if Palm calls this "airplane mode" and there have been many discussions here about a true power off vs just power off the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    The 750 has no "airplane mode" setting from the signal bar. As mentioned above, press and hold the red power button and you should eventually see "Phone Off" in the display.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i still get prompts trying to access pocket msn...but i don't want to turn off auto-logon feature either..
    Quote Originally Posted by netjack View Post
    i still get prompts trying to access pocket msn...but i don't want to turn off auto-logon feature either..
    decisions, decisions...Why not shut off auto-login when you shut the data/phone off? Its a few extra steps but not the end of the world. Once you get used to it you'll be able to do it in seconds.