1.    #1  
    I just installed the new ROM and now I can't use DUN through USB. I was using this method with no problem prior to the new ROM:

First you will need to download the connection manager software from sprint. The disc that comes with the 700wx has a link to this software. Download and run the software and choose the 700wx drivers. Turn on the 700wx and go to start/programs/modem link set to connection USB, hit activate. Connect the 700wx to the PC with the OEM, USB cable wait for the drivers to recognize the 700wx as a modem.

Now on your PC go to Control panel and open Network Connections than Make a new connection/next/connect to internet/set up manually/connect using dial up modem. This brings up a page that shows the available modems chose the 700wx. Go to next ISP name is sprint/next telephone number is #777/next user name and password leave blank next/finish.

Next you will see the dial up window, THIS IS IMPORTANT make SURE user name and password are blank and check the box to save password. Hit dial. This will connect the first time no problem, but the next time you try you will get an error 687 remote computer will not respond or 692 hardware failure. Disconnect the USB cable deactivate the Modem Link than activate, reconnect the cable. BEFORE trying to make the dial up connection and while the 700wx is connected to the PC and the modem link is active, you MUST turn off the 700wx phone radio by holding the red phone button. After the phone has turned completely off turn it back on again by holding down the red phone button again. Than when the EV is back in the display start the dialup by going to start/connect to/sprint on the PC. This works every time, I am not sure what this has to do with the connection but it is the only way to reset the PPC and re-establish the

Has Sprint and Palm shut this down now? I use it very rarely but when I do I really need it as there is no other option.

HELP!
    After I did the update I removed any pairing I had with my PC and all related modem drivers/software.

After the update was completed I setup my phone to my PC again and reinstalled everything like new. My USB DUN works fine (however my BT DUN does not).

I'm running Vista Enterprise and not XP for what it's worth.
    I've had the same problem. Inability to use USB Dun after upgrade. I'll uninstall and see if that works.Thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've got the same inability to do USB DUN. Although BT DUN works just fine.

Note that I'm trying to get USB DUN without using extra software like pdanet or usbmodem. I tried out those software before the upgrade and they worked fine, but I'd rather not have extra stuff running.

Is everyone setting up USB DUN using the same procedure as quoted in the first post?
    The process for doing DUN via USB as described in the first post is a bug in the TREO. I believe you are not supposed to be able to do USB DUN unless you subscribe to PAM (phone as a modem) plan. I supposed in v1.15 they discovered this bug and patched it.
    Originally posted by jrinehart:
    After I did the update I removed any pairing I had with my PC and all related modem drivers/software.

After the update was completed I setup my phone to my PC again and reinstalled everything like new. My USB DUN works fine (however my BT DUN does not).

I'm running Vista Enterprise and not XP for what it's worth.
    View the link from shadowmite. It'll tell you how to get the bluetooth to work.

Question for bender29: Why are you trying to get the USB DUN to work if the bluetooth is working fine? Now that I have the BT DUN working, I'm doing great and can connect w/o wires. If I want to save battery, I can still use the sync cable with the PC to keep the Treo charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    View the link from shadowmite. It'll tell you how to get the bluetooth to work.

Isn't that for the PalmOS? I'm referring to the 700wx and the 1.15 update for WM5.0.
    Isn't that for the PalmOS? I'm referring to the 700wx and the 1.15 update for WM5.0.
    Correct. My apologies. I was having the same problem after the palm MR update and fixed it today after reading link.
    No worries!

I was afraid that I was missing out on something
    Quote Originally Posted by denik View Post
    The process for doing DUN via USB as described in the first post is a bug in the TREO. I believe you are not supposed to be able to do USB DUN unless you subscribe to PAM (phone as a modem) plan. I supposed in v1.15 they discovered this bug and patched it.
    That sounds like a possibility, especially if so many are now having this issue.

On a brighter note, PDANet is still working fine after the upgrade. It's not bad on memory either: 75.90 kb on my system, which is quite minuscule.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Forget trying to figure out BT DUN, PDANet is the greatest thing on the planet.

BT working just fine now
  12.    #12  
    Uninstalled the Sprint dialer and drivers and still can't DUN. Not happy about this. Anyone have the older ROM available for a rewrite? I can't see any improvements with anything and have lost DUN -- not good...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Originally posted by jrinehart:
    Question for bender29: Why are you trying to get the USB DUN to work if the bluetooth is working fine? Now that I have the BT DUN working, I'm doing great and can connect w/o wires. If I want to save battery, I can still use the sync cable with the PC to keep the Treo charged.
    I guess I figure that if I'm at a location for a while, like the library, I might as well use USB. But really, I'm just picky enough to want everything to work perfectly
    bender29:
    I guess I figure that if I'm at a location for a while, like the library, I might as well use USB. But really, I'm just picky enough to want everything to work perfectly
    Makes sense. If I could get either one to work on a regular basis, I'd be a happy camper. I have the USB modem software and haven't been able to connect since the MR. I've tried the hack and can delete and reset-up, but can't simply use.