Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where I can buy a short antenna for the 700wx? I've searched treoantenna and a couple other online places. They all seem to be out of stock.

Anyone know of an online store with the 700 models in stock?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Try Ebay? Amazon ?

if they are all out of stock you may be stuck waiting for them to stock back up.
    http://www.treoantenna.com/shop/

They are out of antennas for the 700w(x)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just spoke with their customer service and they should have them in stock in a few weeks.
    We're getting close. I was working with the factory to iron out some fitting problems but here are a few pictures of the antennas for the Treo 700. I would say we will have them in stock a week to two weeks from today.

This is a unified model for the Treo 650 and Treo 700 for all service providers and all models (GSM and CDMA). No more modifing the antenna to fit the Treo 700. It's already done.

Zoti, please let me know when they come in. I just got a new WX, upgraded from a W, and need a new one to match (black). If I can preorder, let me know how and I will. Thanks!

1320man@comcast.net
    I'm waiting for them to come really soon. I'm going to be away from sep. 13 until the 30th so hopefully they arrive before I leave...
    Ive got one I bought a couple of months ago. I didnt like the fact that unless you're in a full reception area, you get a considerable drop in signal strength. Im giving mine up as I work in a high rise building in town and the signal strength is poor in side. I'll see someone mine (complete with the screwdriver) for $40 via paypal if interested. I used it for about 3 days.
    I'm curious. Have any others noticed a lower signal strength with the 'shot antenna'?

In theory, the 'stubby' would most likely have a 'diminished' sensitivity, however in practice I was thinking (hoping) that it was basically not knowticable.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    I'm curious. Have any others noticed a lower signal strength with the 'shot antenna'?

In theory, the 'stubby' would most likely have a 'diminished' sensitivity, however in practice I was thinking (hoping) that it was basically not knowticable.

Thanks,
    Tom
    I never noticed a difference at all. Reception was the same for me on my W. Thats one of the reasons I want one for my WX, well, that and it just looks cool.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hi, fellow Treonians ... Zoti sent me one of the modified 650 antennas to check out for my company blog ... write-up is here.

- Evan
  12.    #12  
    In case anyone needs a replacement screwdriver, I remembered that I got one at Lowe's a while back. It's a combo set and turns out it's got a size 5!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...272&lpage=none
    I know you just got back yesterday Zoti...but, 700WX antennas in yet?? This big soar thumb on my phone is killing me! Let me know. Thanks.
    Mine is still sitting in a box if interested. See my thread above. I did not like it as I work i an office bldg and the reception is not good with the short antenna.
    ^i might want it. what color is it?
    I believe it was the black version. comes with a special little tool.
    I'm waiting for the 700 Ver. 2 any day now. I'll post here when I have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I'm waiting for the 700 Ver. 2 any day now. I'll post here when I have them.
    I would LOVE to get one of these for my 700wx but I live in a low signal non evdo area and I need to get the best reception possible.

Will the shorter antennas kill my signal strength? How eas are they to install?
    Easy to install; takes a couple fo minutes. I cannot speak for others, however I found that if you have great signal strength and change to the short antenna, you still have great signal;. If you have marginal recption and switch, the signal will be reduced more with the short antenna. Its my personal observation only. Others may experience different results.
    Quote Originally Posted by saclark View Post
    Easy to install; takes a couple fo minutes. I cannot speak for others, however I found that if you have great signal strength and change to the short antenna, you still have great signal;. If you have marginal recption and switch, the signal will be reduced more with the short antenna. Its my personal observation only. Others may experience different results.
    This is exactly my experience.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast