Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Good morning everyone, according to Palm's website this update was released yesterday, but I haven't seen this news being posted anywhere so here goes.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

On the Treo 700wx, this update features:

• High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
    • Advanced audio support (A2DP) – enjoy your music in full stereo with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
    • Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.

Requirements:
    • Current software version must be TREO700WX-1.13-SPNT or TREO700WX-1.14-SPNT
    • You must use a desktop PC and a USB sync cable to install this update; it cannot be installed wirelessly.

Those of you updating today let me know how it turns out. I can't access my PC until this evening

EDIT: If this is your first time reading through this thread and don't want to spend time reading through all the posts here, I've summarized the major findings on my blog, which can be found here.
    Last edited by filsputin; 08/24/2007 at 06:07 PM.
    Thanks for the post!

Doing it as I'm posting this
    I have Hannip's ad2p mod and PdaNet to tether my 700wx as a modem. Since they both work fine, I'm wondering whether this update is worth it.

Since PdaNet doesn't provide for Bluetooth DUN, I'd be interested in knowing how well this works.
    I'm still in the process of updating.

I uninstalled Hannip's mod before the update.

I unfortunately don't have a laptop to test with BT DUN, so I can't report on that.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I thought I had BT DUN with PdaNet (I don't remember if it's with or without Hannip's hack)... I tether my laptop all the time for an internet connection when I'm travelling. Are you referring to something else?

I really want to leave work right now...
    First Impressions:

- The update went flawlessly for me, no errors, took about 30 minutes.
    - Added a Sprint Software Store
    - Changed my PIE homepage to some Sprint PowerDeck page
    - Signal strength appears to be about the same (no change in the way the bars display the signal)
    - No EV-DO connection problems (like there were with the VZW update)
    - BT worked fine for the first call with my Moto H700.

EDIT 1: Might just be an illusion, but the phone seems a little zippier.

EDIT 2: Signal strength actually appears to be lower (going by the bars). RSSI is about the same as it was before the update, but now I'm hovering between no bars and 1 bar whereas before I was between 1 bar and 2. Part of that could be the weather too because a storm is coming in lol.

EDIT 3: I'm having the same problem I had before with the BT indicator. It always stays blue for some reason. Even if I'm connected with my headset, instead of turning grey it seems to stay blue. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
    Last edited by mindfrost82; 08/22/2007 at 09:54 AM.
    My update went well. No problems to report. My update took about 40 minutes.
    Update went flawlesly. Took about 30 minutes. No problems to report so far. All data remained on device.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I have Hannip's ad2p mod and PdaNet to tether my 700wx as a modem. Since they both work fine, I'm wondering whether this update is worth it.

Since PdaNet doesn't provide for Bluetooth DUN, I'd be interested in knowing how well this works.
    Yea, I'm in the same boat... plus, my 700wx is VERY stable... no resets or issues in the past 8 months.

Only issue I have is with the signal... and I think that is more of a sprint issue...

Think I'll wait on this update... see if palm pulls this one like they did the rest of them....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    BAD NEWS!!!!

After a couple test calls, BT turned itself off
    Can you turn it back on ok? That's not a good sign.

I think I'll wait on this update as well. There is really nothing there over what we have now with my A2DP installer. It would be nice to have it in the ROM, but not if there are other issues from the update. :-/

After install what does it show for Build version in the About settings?
    my bt does that now even with hannips installer, either that or the headset will keep transmitting and ill have the headphone icon instead of the bt icon and cant even make a call
    Well, I am installing now, but this is a strong indicator that should pretty much kill any rumor of WM6 for TreoWX. Why do that and ALSO spend the money to produce this update?

<sigh> Too bad - i was hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Can you turn it back on ok? That's not a good sign.

I think I'll wait on this update as well. There is really nothing there over what we have now with my A2DP installer. It would be nice to have it in the ROM, but not if there are other issues from the update. :-/

After install what does it show for Build version in the About settings?
    By habbit I just did a soft reset. I'll try to get it to do it again lol

EDIT 1: Now it seems to be staying on lol, I'll let you know if it goes off if I can turn it back on w/o a soft reset.
    Last edited by mindfrost82; 08/22/2007 at 11:05 AM.
    Hannip,

After the update my build number shows "Build 14932.2.2.2"

Also, I haven't had any BT issues yet. Guess we'll see. Everything seems to be working correctly though up to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastortroy View Post
    Hannip,

After the update my build number shows "Build 14932.2.2.2"

Also, I haven't had any BT issues yet. Guess we'll see. Everything seems to be working correctly though up to this point.
    My build number is the same.

Maybe my BT turning off was a glitch lol, it seems to be working fine now.

Hannip, do you want me to check file dates for any of the BT files? Let me know which ones and I'll take a look.
    naw, if it's 2.2.2 it's no newer than the vzw ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    naw, if it's 2.2.2 it's no newer than the vzw ones.
    Alright. So far my BT has stayed connected no matter how many test calls I do. So maybe it was just a fluke that it turned off that one time.

I'm interested to see how it works when I get home. I figured out my wireless router was causing my BT to turn off more, so I changed the channel on my router and now it doesn't do it nearly as often as it was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    Alright. So far my BT has stayed connected no matter how many test calls I do. So maybe it was just a fluke that it turned off that one time.

I'm interested to see how it works when I get home. I figured out my wireless router was causing my BT to turn off more, so I changed the channel on my router and now it doesn't do it nearly as often as it was before.
    For me it would disconnect when idle for 20 or more minutes. I'll probably get around to this update eventually, but really doesn't seem anything grand. Hard to believe it took 10 months for this.

I'm also curious if PDANet is more stable. I still experience disconnects if I have too many programs in memory and/or programs occasionally running CPU cycles.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    For me it would disconnect when idle for 20 or more minutes. I'll probably get around to this update eventually, but really doesn't seem anything grand. Hard to believe it took 10 months for this.

I'm also curious if PDANet is more stable. I still experience disconnects if I have too many programs in memory and/or programs occasionally running CPU cycles.
    I'll try that. I'll leave it alone and see if it turns off, but so far so good.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast