Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have had no browser problems at all. having a gwes and tmail error every-so-often but nothing other than that.
    Yes. My IE has been crashing since the update. It happens most often when I use the "Back" button. I also have noticed a delay in receiving emails, particularly in the morning hours (6-8am), like the phone is hibernating and only after a soft reset does it look/fetch the emails
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
    Read the TCPMP thread, youtube has changed their site and hosed the download we enjoyed for a week.

Has nothing to do with this patch.
    Thanks! It was probably a coincident with the upgrade. I downloaded and re-installed the latest FlashVideoBundle.cab and now have every video of YouTube working well again!
    Just did the update yesterday and left the Treo in the cradle to charge last night. I exprerienced the same problems with the screen turning on as mentioned earlier. I can recall 5 seperate times it woke me up from the bright light of the screen.

What a bummer, should have left it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    Just did the update yesterday and left the Treo in the cradle to charge last night. I exprerienced the same problems with the screen turning on as mentioned earlier. I can recall 5 seperate times it woke me up from the bright light of the screen.

What a bummer, should have left it alone.
    I've been experimenting trying to determine root cause and I thought I had it figured out, but, alas, I haven't been able to reproduce it at all. I will say that doing a soft reset stopped the problem for me after I noticed it and I haven't been able to cause it to happen again since. I'm wondering if it is a driver-related issue...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    what do you mean driver" related issue? I havemy power plugged into the cradle and not the sync cord b/c my cradle will not sync for some reason so I have to use the cord by itself. so my backlight comes on when I have it plugged into the cradle after the update but I do not have the sync cable associated with the cradle...
    I'm in reference to the screen driver and/or the backlight driver.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    ahhhh....i know nothing aobut that...do you think there is a fix?
    I haven't seen or heard of one. If we can figure out the root cause it will be a lot easier to find a fix. As I said, a soft reset seems to have cured my Treo... LOL
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Here's a recap of the problem with the backlight coming on while in the cradle:

1) It only happens after the 1.15 update has been applied.
    2) It only happens when using the cradle. If you plug the power cable directly into the treo, it DOESN'T happen.
    3) The sync cable doesn't have to be plugged into the cradle.
    4) The cradle I am speaking of is the Palm branded cradle.
    5) A soft or hard reset doesn't matter. I've done both several times. It still happens.
    6) I can repeat the problem anytime. All I do is plug it back into the cradle.
    7) There is no fix. Well, there is. Don't use the cradle anymore, just use the charging cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    Here's a recap of the problem with the backlight coming on while in the cradle:

1) It only happens after the 1.15 update has been applied.
    2) It only happens when using the cradle. If you plug the power cable directly into the treo, it DOESN'T happen.
    3) The sync cable doesn't have to be plugged into the cradle.
    4) The cradle I am speaking of is the Palm branded cradle.
    5) A soft or hard reset doesn't matter. I've done both several times. It still happens.
    6) I can repeat the problem anytime. All I do is plug it back into the cradle.
    7) There is no fix. Well, there is. Don't use the cradle anymore, just use the charging cable.
    And you hink it may be the cradle itself, yes? Try plugging the Treo directly into the sync cable and see if you get the problem that way.

I, personally, have had no problems regarding the cradle specifically. My backlight problem occured when the phone wasn't plugged into anything.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

ive had the same problem with 1.14 and the cradle...so i dont think it has anything to do with the update
    Sorry, I don't own a sync cable anymore. I do everything through Exchange. And I haven't had any backlight problems besides this specific issue.

As far as the backlight going on with 1.14, it went on often for different reasons that I could verify. Like when it would get email and such. This occurs for no identifiable reason.
    Sorry, I don't own a sync cable anymore. I do everything through Exchange. And I haven't had any backlight problems besides this specific issue.

As far as the backlight going on with 1.14, it went on often for different reasons that I could verify. Like when it would get email and such. This occurs for no identifiable reason.
    Well you said it happens when attached to the 'Sync Cradle' which requires a Sync Cable that you could unplug and plug into the phone. If it doesn't have a sync cable, it isn't a sync cradle.

Anyway, your problem most definitely sounds like a cradle issue if it doesn't do it when plugged into the wire.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Actually, I never said "sync cradle" I said "sync cable".

It's a cradle. It has inputs for a sync cable and a power cable. Both do not need to be hooked up to the cradle.

After all that, I figured it was the cradle.
    Actually, I never said "sync cradle" I said "sync cable".

It's a cradle. It has inputs for a sync cable and a power cable. Both do not need to be hooked up to the cradle.

After all that, I figured it was the cradle.
    I stand corrected. I must have grabbed 'sync' out of the line below cradle. :-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

My "sync cradle" does not have "sync cable" attached, just an ac adapter connected to it and I still am having random instances of the screen turning on.
    Heh... Then it is not a 'sync' cradle... :-P LOL

Did you try with just the power cable?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Power cable as well as not plugged in at all seems fine. I guess I should try the cradle with nothing at all plugged into it to seem if it possibly one of the pins of the cradle. BTW my cradle is from the early days of the Treo 650, so going on 3+ years.
    That could be the problem. It seems the common denominator between you and sbpooch.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast