Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In regard to the problem I had last night with the backlight turning on randomly throughout the night, I have no software installed on my 700wx yet. In addition, I did a hard reset before I updated to 1.15 and I did a hard reset after I installed 1.15.

This problem only occurs when the treo is in the cradle. I am going to try to repeat the problem tonight and then try using a regular charging cable. After that, I'll tackle some additional settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    In regard to the problem I had last night with the backlight turning on randomly throughout the night, I have no software installed on my 700wx yet. In addition, I did a hard reset before I updated to 1.15 and I did a hard reset after I installed 1.15.

This problem only occurs when the treo is in the cradle. I am going to try to repeat the problem tonight and then try using a regular charging cable. After that, I'll tackle some additional settings.
    Very odd.

(1) How's your signal where you are?
    (2) Do you have roaming on or off?

You could also just use the screen lock to power it off quickly, though that still leaves the issue unresolved. Mines been on my desk all day: never pops on.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Signal has always been good- 2-3 bars. Roaming is on. I'm going to play with a whole bunch of settings tonight when I get home. I'd have to relocate my Treo away from my bed if I can't get this problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If my A2DP installer got bt dun working for you before you should be able to install it again after the update to get things back to the way they were.
    I will try it tomorrow. If it doesn't work, will there be any adverse effects after uninstalling it?
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Shouldn't be, but as always backup first.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    After the update yesterday I was trying to access YouTube, with the TCPMP and FlashVideoBundle and now its now working, on Internet Explorer it just goes to the Mobile Version of youtube and when I click on a vid it shoes the loading radar but nothing comes up.
    I'm just wondering if Palm released the A2DP update so that they could sell some new accessories:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    so I think (not totally sure) that the backlight issue may only have to do with when the treo is on the cradle and not just plugged into the charger. woulds this make sense to anyone? I am testing it now but I never notice the backlight comes on when it is plugged directly into the charger and not the cradle....

weird that this started when I did the update....

Edit: I have been watching it and I am pretty sure this is because my cradle is deteriorating. I think there must be a loose connection in back because it never happens when the phone is plugged directly into the charger.
    Last edited by matthew23; 08/24/2007 at 12:56 PM.
    The update went very well and I do notice that battery life has improved quite a bit.
    I did the update yesterday, all went well. What I have noticed is that after watchin about 40 minutes of Slingbox, my phone is warmer than before. I also have not been able to get frame rates greater than 13 fps. I will try and recalibrate my sling from my desktop and see how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrinChilers View Post
    Well I CAN tell you it did NOT fix the BT issues (in my case that is) it still drops after a while and functions the same as before. I swear if palm would take a look at the thread about the BT issues with the hundreds of posts concerning this matter they might worry more about this issue than worring about figuring out a way to screw us out of WM6 without saying that they are.
    I still get a kick out of people thinking palm should upgrade us to wm6... heck, they can hardly get a patch to perform correctly.

Palm's track record on patches in the last four to five months is not exactly a glowing example of how to issue patches. Maybe a better example, of how to remove them when they don't go right, if you want to keep this post positive.

Some souls on here are very brave. Somebody has to first, I guess... and I appreciate you!!!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Last night I disconnected my cradle and just hooked my 700wx directly up to a power connector. The backlight DID NOT come on. What does the cradle have to do with anything? It isn't even connected to a PC! I don't understand why, but it solves the problem if you just use a power connector.

This only started after I did the update!
    Well, guess I'm the first person whose update crapped out.

During the update I got a message on my screen saying that the USB connection had been lost. I was informed to open up the mobile center, click to disable USB connection, take batter out, disconnect all leads, connect all leads (inluding power lead) insert batter and connect back to PC. I then got another message asking me to go into the mobile center and click to activate USB connection. At that point the updater said it had failed and to restart.

Well, now I can't get my Treo to connect to my laptop at all. The screen on my Treo will not turn off and the text at the top reads.

The annoying thing is that the progress bar on the 700wx was almost complete when the connection dropped. I initially left the installer running for around 50 mins before I decided to do what it said in the on screen messages.

Can't do a hard reset and a soft reset just brings the screen back up with 4.13, 4.13.00

So, looks like my Treo is screwed Guess the next step is to go down to the Sprint store. At least I have insurance on this phone !
    Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but it came to mind... Has anybody tried an SDHC card or checked their Treo for the necessary drivers since the update???
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A1D View Post
    Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but it came to mind... Has anybody tried an SDHC card or checked their Treo for the necessary drivers since the update???
    First thing I tried after the update, still no SDHC support.
    Quote Originally Posted by res22fbz View Post
    After the update yesterday I was trying to access YouTube, with the TCPMP and FlashVideoBundle and now its now working, on Internet Explorer it just goes to the Mobile Version of youtube and when I click on a vid it shoes the loading radar but nothing comes up.
    I encountered the exact same problem as described by res22fbz above when accessing YouTube with the TCPMP and FlashVideoBundle. TCPMP used to work flawlessly under version Sprint 1.13 before the upgrade. I was able to view any YouTube video without any problem. However, after upgrading to Sprint 1.15, TCPMP no longer opens to load the video after tapping the hyperlink on any YouTube page . Has anyone else encountered the same? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall TCPMP and the FlashVideoBundle to no avail.
    Last edited by Antonc; 08/26/2007 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    I encountered the exact same problem as described by res22fbz above when accessing YouTube with the TCPMP and FlashVideoBundle. TCPMP used to work flawlessly under version Sprint 1.13 before the upgrade. I was able to view any YouTube video without any problem. However, after upgrading to Sprint 1.15, TCPMP no longer opens to load the video after tapping the hyperlink on any YouTube page . Has anyone else encountered the same? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall TCPMP and the FlashVideoBundle to no avail.

Read the TCPMP thread, youtube has changed their site and hosed the download we enjoyed for a week.

Has nothing to do with this patch.
    Well, took my hosed up 700wx to the Sprint store and they replaced the motherboard. Tried the update again and although it took a couple of attempts, managed to get the upgrade through So far everything seems fine but reception at my house is still awful
    The update seemed to go fine, but for some reason my bluetooth GPS doesn't work anymore. I deleted and repaired it, which works fine, but still it doesn't work with tomtom or google maps. The other strange thing is that both live search and newsreader disappeared after the update.

I tried to restore it using Sprite Backup, but it tells me that the backup was for a different version so I didn't do it. If I run the restore will it go to the previous ROM? I made the backup right before I did the update.
    Anyone having trouble with Internet Explorer crashing after partially loading a website on the 1.15 update? It's always worked great for me in the past, but now every time I try to load m.facebook.com for the first time, it starts filling in the page and then abruptly closes.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast