Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, I did the update and it took right about 30 minutes. I'm now at the last screen - "Completing Update".. where it says to disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable to get ActiveSync connected again.

But, for some reason, I can't get AS connected! The icon spins while connecting, but it fails after a while. I run the diagnostic and everything checks out there too. Don't know what to do next..

I'd reboot my computer, but the updater screen says that if I cancel the updater then I've got the manually remove the files used during the update.. which I'd rather not do.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Like others, I think I'll wait to see how stable this release is...

CLICK HERE

Well I CAN tell you it did NOT fix the BT issues (in my case that is) it still drops after a while and functions the same as before. I swear if palm would take a look at the thread about the BT issues with the hundreds of posts concerning this matter they might worry more about this issue than worring about figuring out a way to screw us out of WM6 without saying that they are.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
    But, for some reason, I can't get AS connected! The icon spins while connecting, but it fails after a while. I run the diagnostic and everything checks out there too. Don't know what to do next..
    ended up rebooting and deleting/adding the treo to activesync and things back to normal again. I've got those updater files left on my device though.. oh well.

BT DUN seems to work great. Previously with the Hannip BT hack my Treo would lock up within 30 minutes of usage. But, at least for now, I stayed connected and no lock ups so thats good.

Can someone tell me how to get USB DUN to work? I did the Modem Link thing and installed the Treo Usb Modem driver on my computer. Then created the dialup connection to #777 w/ username and pw blank. But when I dial I get an error 678 remote computer failed to respond (or something like that).
    I'm sooo pissed. After updating I can't get BT DUN to work. It dials and I see it go from the EV box to the arrows and it goes back to the EV box after a sec. This blows.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    After doing this update. my the red/green led on the front by the antenna flashes green about every 4-5 seconds.
    Are any of you experiencing that?
    Interesting. My red light is flashing and I *HAVENT* performed the update. I am running Treo Alerts but there is no notifiaction there. Also ran memmaid to clean it out. i am at a loss. I cannot get rid of it

edit: I checked my email , cleared my email notification, and the blinking red light is gone now. That was strange
    Last edited by volwrath; 08/23/2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Anyone else have any trouble with the update? I did a hard reset and tried to then run the updater. It would run until the 3.01 3.00 screen and freeze. It then gave me an error about losing the connection and said the update had failed. I rebooted my Treo and it came back into Windows, but random apps in ROM were crashing. Scared me for a while until I realized that it still ran enough that I could open the updater and go through the process again. I had to go through that four times with the same results. Finally I decided I would sync the device to my PC (which I hadn't done since my hard reset). I tried that, then ran the updater. Worked fine.

So FYI to anyone having trouble: you need to sync your phone to your PC via ActiveSync before you run this update. Performing a hard reset and then trying the updater will not work. As always, YMMV.
    The update froze on me and it said it lost its connection. It took me a while to figure this out, but there was a dialogue box underneath everything asking me if I wanted to continue installation because of the unsigned drivers. I ran the updater again and looked for the dialogue box this time. Everything was good.
    I installed the 1.15 patch yesterday afternoon. Had a problem last night with my backlight going on while my Treo 700wx was in the cradle. I usually leave my phone with outlook running so it does not notify my of new email. I tried disabling several alerts, leaving the phone running on the today screen and several other things that I don't remember. The backlight still came on. I finally shut the phone off. Guess what? The backlight still came on about 5 minutes later!

It seems to be intermittant. I'm not sure though as I was groggy and I fell asleep quickly. I did notice that it happened in the morning so it's likely that it came on throughout the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    I installed the 1.15 patch yesterday afternoon. Had a problem last night with my backlight going on while my Treo 700wx was in the cradle. I usually leave my phone with outlook running so it does not notify my of new email. I tried disabling several alerts, leaving the phone running on the today screen and several other things that I don't remember. The backlight still came on. I finally shut the phone off. Guess what? The backlight still came on about 5 minutes later!

It seems to be intermittant. I'm not sure though as I was groggy and I fell asleep quickly. I did notice that it happened in the morning so it's likely that it came on throughout the night.
    I have noticed this a bit too. I have the phone on my cradle and every once in a while the screen will light up...weird. not sure yet if it does it while not on the cradle.

BTW, I have slide2unlock installed...it seems that when I leave the phone on and then the backlight goes off, about 1-2 minutes later the screen come back on like slide2unlock starts up and then the screen goes off for awhile..
    I performed the update last night and everything went fine.

However, after the update BT DUN does not work. DUN with the cable works fine but BT connects, dials then craps out. I've tried several things to no avail.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of signal. I updated the PRL to 20229 from 20227 and this seemed to fix the problem.

In all reality, if your phone is working fine I probably wouldn't do the update. That's just my feelings.
    Does the DUN via BT or cable require PAM (Phone as a Modem)? I assume not, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    I performed the update last night and everything went fine.

However, after the update BT DUN does not work. DUN with the cable works fine but BT connects, dials then craps out. I've tried several things to no avail.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of signal. I updated the PRL to 20229 from 20227 and this seemed to fix the problem.

In all reality, if your phone is working fine I probably wouldn't do the update. That's just my feelings.
    Amen to that!!! Like I mentioned eariler, my BT DUN is no longer working...i'm really bummed.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    I did a hard-reset and installed 1.15.

No issues.

Everything is running fast and well, even after installing my core software. No device wake-ups in the cradles, no signal issues (though I still need to update the PRL), no blinking LEDs, DUN via USB works great (haven't tried BT DUN).

I did notice that "receive all incoming beams" is defaulted off now (I could have sworn it was on from the previous ROM).

Personally, I recommend everyone with any issues to slowly backup your system over the next couple of days (export ringers, program settings, pictures, skins, etc.) and consider just doing a hard-reset.

(1) you can rule out any update issues easier
    (2) you can re-evaluate what software you really need and what you don't
    (3) if you're at TC, you probably experiment a lot. This will allow you to start fresh

Just food for thought...lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After my update, I had to manually turn Receive All Incomming Beams off. So far, everything seems to be working all right.
    so far I have only noticed the backlight issue when it is on the cradle...any thoughts?
    This seems like a really hardcore update. My phone started out with version TREO700WX-1.14-SPNT after this update if I hard reset will it hard reset to TREO700WX-1.15-SPNT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I did a hard-reset and installed 1.15.

No issues.

Everything is running fast and well, even after installing my core software. No device wake-ups in the cradles, no signal issues (though I still need to update the PRL), no blinking LEDs, DUN via USB works great (haven't tried BT DUN).

I did notice that "receive all incoming beams" is defaulted off now (I could have sworn it was on from the previous ROM).

Personally, I recommend everyone with any issues to slowly backup your system over the next couple of days (export ringers, program settings, pictures, skins, etc.) and consider just doing a hard-reset.

(1) you can rule out any update issues easier
    (2) you can re-evaluate what software you really need and what you don't
    (3) if you're at TC, you probably experiment a lot. This will allow you to start fresh

Just food for thought...lol
    That's not a bad idea. I do experiment A LOT and have gotten down reinstalling my favorite apps to a tea so reinstalling isnt a big deal. I wouldn't imagine that WeatherPanel, UI Tweaker and the PIE reg hacks would interfere with BT DUN but who knows.

I will try the hard reset and before anything is installed I'll re-pair with my laptop and try BT again. If that doesn't work I'll just need to investigate more. DUN over USB works fine, but the less cables the better.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It might just be me, but... Since the Update my sound will shut off completely. My phone's speaker stops working and the speakerphone icon is greyed out during a call. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    Amen to that!!! Like I mentioned eariler, my BT DUN is no longer working...i'm really bummed.
    If my A2DP installer got bt dun working for you before you should be able to install it again after the update to get things back to the way they were.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast