Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Left it idle for about 30 minutes and BT was still on and I was able to make a call without a problem.
    did the treo have a progress bar or anything on it while the update was running? mine has been running for 45 minutes and the progress bar on the computer is stuck in the middle of executing update- and meanwhile my treo just has the logo and the 3.01, 3.00.00.00 eng text on it and nothing else...
    should i try to redo it? or is that normal?
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Mine hanged it seemed like for awhile. I would keep it running. Once it got to 3/4 of the progress bar filled it seemed to go faster
    Is it going to do a hard reset once it's done with the update? Also, what are your memory specs before and after this update. I'm just wondering if I should do this update as I'm having no problems and managed to get BT DUN working on my IBM lappy using Hannips BT program.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    does this update allow you to issue voice commands from bt headset? anyone try that yet?
    Any possibility for this to be hacked to allow us to create custom ROMs now?
    BUMMER...No WM6 WX
    I didn't check memory before and after, but mine is looks about the same as it was before. There is no hard reset that is done with this upgrade. All of my programs are still there and functional. I don't have BT DUN so I can't answer that question for you.
    surprisingly after a few restarts of both my computer and treo, this update came through fine... no bricking... no scary will it/won't it turn on moments... not bad...
    i'm going to hard reset afterwards anyway just to see what happens...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Just installed the update with no problems at all. Before my DUN was awful...always disconnecting, etc. It seems to work flawlessly now. Not sure if the update did this, but I love it so far. Actually, I use the connection manager, so not sure if that qualifies as DUN, but I see a massive improvement so far.
    Ok, the update was great. However, neither bluetooth or USB DUN is working! I had the hannip one before (which was deleted prior to the update). What do I need to do in Windows to setup a connection (I have Vista, but the connection settings shouldn't be that much more different for dial-up networking). Thanks!
    After doing this update. my the red/green led on the front by the antenna flashes green about every 4-5 seconds.
    Are any of you experiencing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    After doing this update. my the red/green led on the front by the antenna flashes green about every 4-5 seconds.
    Iceberg, I have the 700wx and after finishing the update my light DOES NOT flash like you are describing.

My experience so far:

I uninstalled hannip's a2dp/bt dun hack and did a soft reset. Then I installed the sprint/palm 1.15 update. Another soft reset.

ALL of my programs/functions/settings are the same and work as they did before, including bt dun, pdanet, and a2dp.

Without question, my device seems faster(no idea why). Also, for some reason I now have no delay when rapidly pressing the red power button to 'turn off' and 'turn on' the device. Before the update I would press it to turn it off and if I tried to turn it on two quick it would have long delays before I could get the screen to come on again. No more.

Just after the update, the device kept showing that it was in 1x instead of evdo. This didn't last long (all normal now) and maybe it was because of the following:

The update did put me back to PRL 20227. I had to call *2 to get my account flagged for an update and it is now back to 20229.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    No changes to LED in my case. I have the LED cab installed.

Update was smooth and it took 30 minutes as stated on the palm website.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    the update takes 30 minutes? why is it so long to update the phone?

can we go to vision.sprint.com now from the IE?
    Took a good 30 minutes on mine as well. Everything went fine and everything seems to be working fine.
    Anyone do a HARD reset before installing this? My first thought would be to reset the hardware to as close to factory as possible to avoid issues. Am I worrying too much?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just performed a HR and am performing the update now

update: the phone itself said the update was completed at 28min, the updater running on my notebook ran for an additional 5 min to complete
    Last edited by EnJaNir; 08/22/2007 at 11:12 PM.
    [da thomas] i did a hard reset prior to installing just for the hell of it . everything i have on my 700wx is either backed up or expendable . i did notice that there were two programs installed after the update (Palm PayldMatchdll and Palm UpdInfo) . i can figure what the Updinfo install was , but does anyone have an idea what the other is ?
    Last edited by captblaze; 08/22/2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Ok, the update was great. However, neither bluetooth or USB DUN is working! I had the hannip one before (which was deleted prior to the update). What do I need to do in Windows to setup a connection (I have Vista, but the connection settings shouldn't be that much more different for dial-up networking). Thanks!

No one knows?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast