Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    tried to install......
    i press the ptt button + the reset on the side...

CHEEIMG.nbh -

SPLASH -
    BOOTLOADER -
    GSM-
    Micro -
    EXTROM-
    OS-
    comes up. then prompts to press power button to start update image so i press it and it seems likes its going to start but then just fades away sadly...... like me know ....

i have formated the sd card, i do have a 82.3 mb file, nothing but that file is in the sd card, i did a hard reset before, i have power.... im cluelesss
    please help i have been here more than 2 hrs reading EVERY single post and there isnt one that someone says it fades away as you press the power buttom when it prompts you to.....
    pm's and emails are more than aprreciated. im no pro at these things but having been reading so much i thought i was ready to make this leap but i fell into what sees like a bottomless .... haha sorry for all the depression
    but thnx for any help in advance. dont mind going bak to wm5 if i cant get wm6 i just domt know how...

i have a 750 wit ATT.
    (im brcked.... wont soft or hard reset.... sssoooo sad....)

had it conected all night still nothing but black screen with some light...
    Just guessing here but are you absolutely sure your sd card is FAT32 formatted? Also, you are leaving the 750 plugged into the external power cord while attempting I assume.

Have you tried loading the WM5 ROM that is out there. Maybe this will load.

This sounds like it could now be a hardware issue. You might want to try and just take the phone into an ATT store and play dumb. Tell them it just quit working. If you can't get it to boot I am guessing the person at the store won't be able to either so they might replace it, especially if there are no signs of physical wear.

Good luck.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I had that exact situation when I installed the vodafone rom. I had an Cingular 750 as well. The fade was normal for me. Basically, I just waited for 20-30 minutes, then reset the phone. The new rom was then installed.

Maybe we both have a specific version of the 750?

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by projekt1 View Post
    tried to install......
    i press the ptt button + the reset on the side...

CHEEIMG.nbh -

SPLASH -
    BOOTLOADER -
    GSM-
    Micro -
    EXTROM-
    OS-
    comes up. then prompts to press power button to start update image so i press it and it seems likes its going to start but then just fades away sadly...... like me know ....

i have formated the sd card, i do have a 82.3 mb file, nothing but that file is in the sd card, i did a hard reset before, i have power.... im cluelesss
    please help i have been here more than 2 hrs reading EVERY single post and there isnt one that someone says it fades away as you press the power buttom when it prompts you to.....
    pm's and emails are more than aprreciated. im no pro at these things but having been reading so much i thought i was ready to make this leap but i fell into what sees like a bottomless .... haha sorry for all the depression
    but thnx for any help in advance. dont mind going bak to wm5 if i cant get wm6 i just domt know how...

i have a 750 wit ATT.
    (im brcked.... wont soft or hard reset.... sssoooo sad....)

had it conected all night still nothing but black screen with some light...