1.    #1  
    Does surfing thru ActiveSync use some of the data connection? I got charged $20 extra this month thinking that when the 700wx connects thru WinXP and activesync (and creates a Local Area Connection) it is not using the radio data connection.
    If thats the case, is the radio being used when I update the weather in my today screen thru activesync? I haven't tried to connect again since I got my bill.
    Every thread I find it seems everyone here is paid nicely and can afford the data plan, and nobody talks about the live internet connection when you connect serially with ASync. While I would love to get powervision, I just can't. Can I surf without power vision?
    the powervision plan is unlimited data for $10 a month for sprint its a bargain in my mind
  3.    #3  
    I'm in college, I'm not trying to add ANY bills.

I was absolutely fine surfing serially, if it was free.
    Check your activesync settings. Make sure internet pass through is activated, and that you did not set it up to receive MMS etc via your native data connection (also a setting in the desktop Activesync client).

Surur
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Interesting, I guess I would assume that any Internet connection would be through the phone and not the Sync connection.

CLICK HERE

6.    #6  
    Under normal use, my phone tries to connect to 777 when I launch IE, and I cancel the connection in fear it will use the radio.

However when I'm connected thru ActiveSync (serially) it has no problem getting pages to come up. That's how I know its going thru Async.

Thats what gets me, if its going thru activesync, why is it costing me money?
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216 View Post
    I'm in college, I'm not trying to add ANY bills.

I was absolutely fine surfing serially, if it was free.
    I'l1 bet you spend more than 10-15 bucks a month on booze. After all, you ARE in college..
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    If you are really looking to save money, you should look at Sprint's sero plan.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    as Blakeb said; the sero plan is amazing for us college students

for $32.92 a month (and that is after taxes, and fees)

you get
    • 500 Free and Flexible Minutes (which means they are very forgiving on your bill if you go over)
    • Unlimited Nights and Weekends (at 7pm)
    • Unlimited Picture Mail
    • Unlimited Data (surf the net all day if you wish)
    • Unlimited Txting
    • Unlimited Mobile to mobile

It's a very nice plan, and very very cheap; care for more info?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    also using software like PDAnet, you can hook your laptop up to your phone, and get unlimited free broadband net speeds on your laptop (or desktop for that matter)

We don't all have amazing jobs as you thought; There are quite a few of us "getting by" college students on this forum as well.
  11.    #11  
    right now i'm paying $51 a month (after taxes) for 550 minutes shared for both me and my wife, after my company's discount.

I have a few coworkers with the sero plan, but it costs more than what I'm paying now. I don't care about the added features.

I have already made the decision I'm not spending more on monthly bills...

I just simply wanna know why I was charged this month for data transfer for using ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpkore View Post
    the powervision plan is unlimited data for $10 a month for sprint its a bargain in my mind
    Where do you see that? I checked their data plans for Treo phones and their cheapest is still $15.
  13.    #13  
    Has anyone verified that using the ActiveSync serial connection to surf uses the data connection on the 700wx?
    Your phone has been connected without your knowledge or your carrier screwed up your bill. They did not and can not see data use through ActiveSync.
    Sorry, I can't offer information on the actual topic, but the $10 EVDO plan that one user referred to is a retentions plan offered to people who call in and convince retentions to give it to them. It is also often accompanied with a $10 monthly service credit, which makes the EVDO plan free.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216 View Post
    Has anyone verified that using the ActiveSync serial connection to surf uses the data connection on the 700wx?
    Windows Mobile devices default to using your desktop computer's network connection when ActiveSync says your "connected" (cable or USB).

A separate post stated that this could be disabled, but I cannot confirm this.

You most likely were not dinged by browsing the Internet from your phone while ActiveSync shows you "connected."