Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    There is a new version of Pocket CM out!

version 13 has improved greatly from v12 (highly recommend the switch)

However I had to make an all new skin for v13 (so PLEASE update!)

for version 13 please download at the bottom "PocketCMv13skin.zip"

IMPORTANT!!!!

THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH PocketCM 13

for version 12 please download at the bottom "Treothemev12"

For version 11b and bellow please read bellow

------------------------------------------------------

(I noticed a few of you using the old skin I created, Please Update to the new one!)

PocketCM is an address book that is completely animated, and can be used entirely by your finger (no stylus!)

The software even includes it's own Threaded SMS (that is if you switch back to the native sms)

The only problem... It was not designed with Treo users in mind (like most software)

So, having a little free-time, i put together this fully functional skin for Pocket CM just for 240*240 screens.

Right now there is only a "dark" version, if you have any request I will be more than glad to see what I can do.

My Treo Skin for PocketCM
    DOWNLOAD from here:
    http://pocketcm.com/phorum/read.php?...,1132#msg-1132

Don't have PocketCM yet?
    http://pocketcm.com/dl.php
    Download v9 Here!

How To Install My Skin
    Depending if you installed by Cab or by Zip
    1. Locate the PocketCM Directory
    2. Replace theme.cmt with my version of theme.cmt
    3. Restart PocketCM
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by airibis; 09/11/2007 at 06:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Looks good! I'll try it...
    have you made any changes to the theme since you first posted it a few days ago? Been using it and so far so good, thx!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Very nice airibis!

I was hoping someone would get around to making one for the Treo.

This app is quickly becoming one of the best freewares of 2007. The threaded SMS is very cool.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Do we need to uninstall the other threaded SMS app before installing this PocketCM?
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the other threaded SMS app before installing this PocketCM?
    I believe so.

The logic is this: The Palm SMS threaded app uses it's own SMS database. Pocket CM accesses the regular Outlook SMS database and essentially reads/mirrors it.

So I don't think the two are compatible with each other since the Outlook DB essentially ceases to exist once you install Palm's version.

As to what to prefer: Pocket CM is rapidly becoming an amazing program and the developer is moving quickly on it. While the Palm threaded app exceeds it in functionality at this point, PCM I predict will quickly catch up.

Plus, this method is a lot less intrusive, has no real side effects and is quite elegant--but it is still Beta. The threaded SMS looks very iPhone-ish.

This app sounds very interesting. I'll wait a little longer to see what others have to say before I try it out.

Are there any vids of it in action besides the on screen keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    This app sounds very interesting. I'll wait a little longer to see what others have to say before I try it out.

Actually, you can just download the zip file.

Just drop the .exe and skin file into a new directory and run it from there and try it yourself. This method creates no installation/un-installation issues and will not alter the device.

You can just delete if you don't like it, no harm, no foul.

(also the KB has been removed and spun off as a separate app)

http://pocketcm.com/downloadfile.php?f=PocketCM-0.9.zip

9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does this app require net compact framework 2.0 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    No longer.

Surur
    This app looks very promising to me as well. After the contact searching feature was added, i almost made it my permanent contact list. However, i could not wait a whole 30 seconds before it loads my 100 contacts. Once the loading process is improved significantly, i dont see much use for it.

Also i can see this come real handy if you dont have a D-pad, but since the Treo 700wx has one, i can just as easily scroll now.
    Airibis- I'd like to take you up on your offer for a different colored skin. Anything with lots of white with dark text would be great!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    have you made any changes to the theme since you first posted it a few days ago? Been using it and so far so good, thx!
    Yes i did, I cleaned up the graphics

It still has the original feel to it though.

I will be making new skins that are completely different.

Working on a WM6 blue and green themed version

Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post

I can make a video after class tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Airibis- I'd like to take you up on your offer for a different colored skin. Anything with lots of white with dark text would be great!
    Can do! expect something up in the next 2 days or so

I just figured out something new!

Just like on the treo, if you type in a name it slowly starts to filter out the names.

This is an added bonus!

also, for those who asked.

I uninstaller the palm threaded texting on my phone, and switched to this method.

It's a really nice interface, very fast, and can scroll through my texts like my contacts.... plus it saves you 4mb on your main memory that palm threaded app eats up
    Last edited by airibis; 08/21/2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Hey Airbis,

HOw do I download your theme? I don't see it on the link you provided? I know it is the CMT but I click on that and it is an bunch of computer language....
    oh one more thing....i currently use the thredded SMS patch...if I uninstall that, will this take over the today screen message indicator, i.e. will it launch pocketCM if it say I have 1 unread text message or will it go to the default WM text program?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    oh one more thing....i currently use the thredded SMS patch...if I uninstall that, will this take over the today screen message indicator, i.e. will it launch pocketCM if it say I have 1 unread text message or will it go to the default WM text program?
    No.

For now, the threaded SMS is more of a threaded SMS history then a fully functional program (although you should be able to send an SMS from that History directly). I believe the developer intends to expand functionality but I'll leave that up to him.

So it's more like you can find a contact and look up your chat log with that specific person. Useful if you save all your SMS convos and need a better way to organize them.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    I updated the link, and the file on the PocketCM forum to a zip file.

I am a firefox user, and am unable to download from that site; so I put a link up to ppcgeeks
    is there an easy way to remove the thredded sms patch (cody's) short of a hard reset?
    right click, save target/link as works/ed
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast