Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    updated!
    Ahhhh! So cool!

Man is this one sharp looking little app now. Nice work airibis and thanks!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcullum View Post
    Following Mal's advice, I simply uninstalled it the standard way and did a soft-reset. I had to click 'yes' to a bunch of .dll's and reset it several times afterwards, but now it works just fine.
    i cant seem to get the previous palm threaded message app uninstalled. everytime i try my phone bricks up.. please help, i would love to try this, how did you do it?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Updated for 13!

Things in v13

Press and hold a contact to open up an option to call or txt

NEW sms functions (SIP options, and more)

The old "close" button now works as a dial pad!!

Press and hold the new phone button for the following options (about, old contact list, minimize, and close)

v13 is loaded with alot of new things!
    Last edited by airibis; 09/11/2007 at 06:17 AM.
    I there a reason why PocketCM wont display all the information present in a contact card? I am unable to get past the first few numbers in a contact, nor can I view the all the addresses assigned to a contact.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I give up..... I Spent all day yesterday trying to make this program work because it looks good but it just would not play nice with my Treo 700wx... I wish it would work, but even with the Treo themes it didn't work, either the buttons at the bottom didn't have pictures or the contacts didn't have any information in them, when they do in my WM contacts...
    I installed the threaded SMS app the long way (not the cab). Can someone post a quick uninstall guide? Could it be as simple as installing the cab and uninstalling?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I installed the threaded SMS app the long way (not the cab). Can someone post a quick uninstall guide? Could it be as simple as installing the cab and uninstalling?
    Ive been trying to do the same thing ever since PocketCM 0.11 & just cant find a way to do a clean uninstall of the Palm Threaded app. I have tried every way...delete each file...uninstall the cab..etc..they all turn my 700wx into a brick. The only way to uninstall is hard reset then reinstall each app 1 by 1 because I dont even have a backup that doesnt include the Palm app.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    I give up..... I Spent all day yesterday trying to make this program work because it looks good but it just would not play nice with my Treo 700wx... I wish it would work, but even with the Treo themes it didn't work, either the buttons at the bottom didn't have pictures or the contacts didn't have any information in them, when they do in my WM contacts...
    You are installing the wrong treo skin on either 12 or 13

please use the skin in PocketCMv13theme.zip for 13

Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I there a reason why PocketCM wont display all the information present in a contact card? I am unable to get past the first few numbers in a contact, nor can I view the all the addresses assigned to a contact.
    you may not have installed my theme then, it corrects this issue.

Download the updated file i attached and move theme.cmt into the directory PocketCM13 is installed
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    Updated for 13!

Things in v13

Press and hold a contact to open up an option to call or txt

NEW sms functions (SIP options, and more)

The old "close" button now works as a dial pad!!

Press and hold the new phone button for the following options (about, old contact list, minimize, and close)

v13 is loaded with alot of new things!
    Working well! Thanks for the fast turn around on this skin/version too,

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Ive noticed that if I leave PocketCM minimized, when I receive an incoming sms, it automatically opens up to that contact so Im able to reply immediately. Almost as efficient as the Palm app. At the rate at which this app is being developed, Im thinking about just biting the bullet & doing a hard reset & re-installing all my apps because I have yet to find a way to un-install the Palm sms app so Im able to use PocketCM exclusively.
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    you may not have installed my theme then, it corrects this issue.

Download the updated file i attached and move theme.cmt into the directory PocketCM13 is installed
    I have PocketCM v13 installed on a stock Sprint 700wx which has no other 3rd party apps installed. I have placed the updated v13 theme into the PROGRAM FILES>POCKETCM directory and reset the WX. Even with this, all the data that is normally visable in a contacts card are still not visible in PocketCM. PCM wont show multiple addresses assigned to a contact, infact whole address wont even display, nor will job tiltes or departments. I would expect PCM to show "all data" associated with a contact, but in my case it does not.

I also notice that PCM generates its own "sms number" which I see is being pulled from the mobile number field. Why the need for the redundancy? Another odd thing, since PCM creates this sms number field, I would expect that filtering contacts with an sms number would return all contacts that have a an sms'able number, however using this filter returns zero records. Also, if I bring up a the filter menu I am presented with a list of 6 filters, favorites; all contacts; contacts with sms; by company; by city and by catagory. If I use the down d-pad key to scroll through the list, I would assume the scroll would start from the top of the list (favorites) however it does not. Instead it starts at the 5th item in the list (by city).

I am happy to help trouble shoot and resolve these issues anyway I can. Its a great looking app, but for me it just wont work.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    quick question: i have the threaded SMS patch and PocketCM. I would like to some home get rid of the SMS patch and rely solely on PocketCM. Is there a way to link the today SMS plug in with PocketCM or will that still take me to the native SMS handler.

Also, I too cannot get the threaded SMS program off and I would prefer not to hard reset. Any ideas?
    You can see the full contact details by tapping on the contact picture and chosing show comtact.

Surur
    Bravo!!! Just when I gave up with using the software on my 700wx, I decided to try out V.13 just to see because I really do like the concept and it WORKED!! All the features worked, and I really love the threaded SMS, and the sleek interface. I'd like a theme that more fits the standard blue/white windows general theme if thats possible, I don't have any themes on my phone that are black, but I'll take it either way. Great program!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You can see the full contact details by tapping on the contact picture and chosing show comtact.

Surur
    For me tapping on the contacts picture pops up another menu, a menu which has no active "on focus" to utilize the d-pad with. If I select "view contact" with a finger tap, it opens the default contacts app, but the information on the summary tab is completely blank. The info in the notes tab appears, but the important contact info is a no show.

I can't get a handle on why I am having these issues. PocketCM v13 as well as the v13 theme are all installed and I have no other 3rd party apps running on my 700wx.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    This may be a dumb question, but for whatever reason I dont use SMS messaging often (10 or so a month). Would this app be helpful to me? I do use Outlook with Exchange if that matters.
    Wow...I was somewhat impressed by v0.10...but I uninstalled it...but after trying out v0.13...its definitely a keeper...I was using Inesoft Address Book, but this blows it away as far as usability.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but for whatever reason I dont use SMS messaging often (10 or so a month). Would this app be helpful to me? I do use Outlook with Exchange if that matters.
    It really handles SMS well, it threads them so you go into the SMS portion of the program, click on whichever contact you want to read and all of the SMS they have sent you are lined up in order of date/time received almost like an IM but without your responses. Its come in handy!
    A quick question. I have the WM6 threaded SMS app installed but I'd like to take a look at this. Before I go ahead and try and uninstall the WM6 threaded SMS app can I at least send new SMS messages using Pocket CM ?

If that's the case I can have them both installed and running and give it a try.

Thanks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast