Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    is there an easy way to remove the thredded sms patch (cody's) short of a hard reset?
    I'd like to know this as well. The app is nice and a def keeper. But SMS functionality is crippled with my threaded SMS still installed. I'd like to try this one out instead. I prefer commonly used functions to be integrated into something as streamlined as this. Plus, the slick iphone style animation is catching.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Threaded SMS works perfect. I have 130+ contacts and I get no load time. Finally a contact program that allows me to drive while searching for contacts (Illegal). Thanks OP!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Airibis- I'd like to take you up on your offer for a different colored skin. Anything with lots of white with dark text would be great!

Here, I put it together sooner than I thought I would.

Let me know if this works for you.

Attached Files Attached Files
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    How do you send txt messages from this app? When I pull up sms in the app the right soft key is (send) but i cant type anything. How do you uninstall the palm threaded app without having to hard reset?
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 08/22/2007 at 01:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Tap the screen in the lower left to get the flashing prompt to type.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Thanks ScottB1. Now I just need to know how to perform a clean uninstall of the Palm Threaded app WITHOUT the hard reset because ive installed to many apps to have to reinstall everything from scratch. I dont even think I have a backup that doesnt have the Palm sms app installed.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ^You have to have a conversation started via the standard txt program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Thanks ScottB1. Now I just need to know how to perform a clean uninstall of the Palm Threaded app WITHOUT the hard reset
    Following Mal's advice, I simply uninstalled it the standard way and did a soft-reset. I had to click 'yes' to a bunch of .dll's and reset it several times afterwards, but now it works just fine.
    Hows the threaded messaging from PocketCM?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ^Best yet! If it was stand-alone it would be great.
    if I uninstall the thredded SMS patch and install pocketCM, does pocketCM take over the today screen plugin? If not, does the today screen plugin for SMS go to the WM default SMS handler? Would that mean that everytime I want to view a conversation I needed to open pocketCM and then go to that contact?

Also, I have noticed that pocketCM is pretty slow for some contacts...for instance, if I type in "Mi" for "Mike" some Mike's will pop up but others take a pretty long time...anyone notice that?
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    if I uninstall the thredded SMS patch and install pocketCM, does pocketCM take over the today screen plugin? If not, does the today screen plugin for SMS go to the WM default SMS handler? Would that mean that everytime I want to view a conversation I needed to open pocketCM and then go to that contact?

Also, I have noticed that pocketCM is pretty slow for some contacts...for instance, if I type in "Mi" for "Mike" some Mike's will pop up but others take a pretty long time...anyone notice that?
    Thats true. Its almost as if the longer you leave PocketCM running in the background,the slower it gets. Even the animation isnt as smooth the longer it runs.
    Any chance you could make the names left align to the screen. (On the individual page) My photos are chopping some of the names of my contacts. OR... Where could I change this? I'd be happy to edit the file. Thanks!
    Last edited by overbyc1; 08/23/2007 at 10:50 PM.
    I like the contacts, but I don't like it that I have to make more clicks to send a message.

Any way to make it a one click function to send a text message?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Thats true. Its almost as if the longer you leave PocketCM running in the background,the slower it gets. Even the animation isnt as smooth the longer it runs.
    I'm not sure about this, but I did test out the "mi" for mike issue and I realized that once I type in m - i , then the contacts are stuck in that area, since there are no M I above or below, so it won't scroll. The only way to scroll again is to delete those initials.

maybe that's what's causing the slow down.
    You swipe to the left to remove the filter.

Surur
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    its a nice app, but it took away my ability to select a person in my contact list to send a picture to directly...using the verizon picturemail hack... could manually go to the picturemail pgm and do it, but then id have to manually enter the persons number...
    BUMP

New Version: 0.11

Adds more SMS functionality! Very cool...

PocketCM 0.11b - "SMS"
    Are you using a VGA device? You'll need to download and install a VGA theme
    Are you using a device with a 240px square screen, you'll need the a theme that support this screen size..

* 0.11b fixes a regression bug (unable to create contact)
    * SMS character counter
    * Contact with unread SMS appears on top
    * Tapping on an SMS change read/unread status
    * You can create contact when you receive SMS from an unknown contact
    * PocketCM handle incoming SMS: bring the window to top and highlight the contact (Note that it doesn't affect the way the message is stored, standard messaging application is still responsible for storing the SMS, also a soft-reset may be required for it to work)
    * Contact caching: will load contact from cache, so a lot faster (note that obviously the first start ever is still slow)
    * Update touch theme with background
    * Transparent Edit boxes for note and SMS
    * New setting to allow more number to be recognized as SMS number
    * Bug fixes
    * CAB: Uninstall should set WM default contact manager as contact manager

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have a problem with PocketCM. All my contacts show up fine on the initial screen.
    However, when I press on someones name (which should take me to a picture of them, their numbers, etc.) it fails to show their phone numbers. All i can see is their name, the picture and some blank space at the bottom (where numbers should be).

Now at first i thought it was because i am using a Treo700w with the 240x240 screen size and perhaps the numbers were showing up 'below' my screen line. However, I installed it on another treo700w and it worked perfectly.

...stumped.
    oooooooooook nevermind stupid mistake. blacked out and forgot about the theme.cmt
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast