Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of any way to map the drives from a windows XP pc to the TREO 700wx? I would like to be able to access the files on my home PC through my TREO when away. I have messed with the native terminal server application a little but the screen size has been a challenge.

Regardless, I am mostly just wanting to access my home pc files when away.
    i've succesfully done this, but it was a headache. had to use a combination of vpn and fooling with my router and whatnot. if you just wish to access your files remotely I highly recommended orb. (www.orb.com).
    Not only can you share ALL your files anywhere you can also stream music and video
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am looking at ORB and it is interesting, but I am still a little uneasy about giving them access to my system. I know all bout how to open prots in my router, etc, I would rather just have some native program to allow me to map from my 700WX to my home PC drive.
    On the local network you can use resco explorer to map a network share. I am also interested in the rest of the solution however - the VPN part. Detailed information would not go amiss.

Surur
    I access my files remotely via zaSFTP (on my 700wx) and an OpenSSH server on my desktop. OpenSSH is robust, secure, and includes an SFTP server. OpenSSH is open source and can be installed on most operating systems, including a Windows computer at home. One fast way to install an OpenSSH server in Windows is via the following package:
    http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php...sition=149:149

Of course a port should be forwarded from your router to the port on your desktop at which OpenSSH is serving, but OpenSSH is up to the task. Many companies consider it to be enterprise-class software.

If you were to take the time to configure OpenSSH on your desktop, I doubt you would be disappointed as you further research it.

-B
    Suggestion for any new users of OpenSSH following my post above: when activating your Windows user account for use with the copSSH OpenSSH server, choose the '/bin/sftponly' shell.

-B