1.    #1  
    Ok everyone, bear with me, I'm new with this device. I'm sure it's been covered a thousand times, but I have to ask. . . is there anyway to set up your schedule, calendar, contacts, etc. . . from your desktop and then sync everything over later? I'm putting stuff in the Treo 700wx manually right now and 'beaming' other items over from my Palm device but would like to make things a bit easier by doing most of the editing and scheduling from the desktop and then sync-ing the info to the Treo. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd1564 View Post
    Ok everyone, bear with me, I'm new with this device. I'm sure it's been covered a thousand times, but I have to ask. . . is there anyway to set up your schedule, calendar, contacts, etc. . . from your desktop and then sync everything over later? I'm putting stuff in the Treo 700wx manually right now and 'beaming' other items over from my Palm device but would like to make things a bit easier by doing most of the editing and scheduling from the desktop and then sync-ing the info to the Treo. Any suggestions?
    Welcome! What PIM are you using for "schedule, calendar, contacts, etc" ? Outlook? If so, which version?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  3.    #3  
    Well, I'm using my Palm software right now for all my contacts and schedules and such. I have access to Outlook 2000, but don't have all my data there. Maybe I don't know what you mean by PIM. (I'm not really an idot, but I play one on TV.)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd1564 View Post
    Well, I'm using my Palm software right now for all my contacts and schedules and such. I have access to Outlook 2000, but don't have all my data there. Maybe I don't know what you mean by PIM. (I'm not really an idot, but I play one on TV.)
    So you're using Pocket Outlook? You have either the 700W or wx, correct? The Windows Mobile version, not the Palm OS version?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  5.    #5  
    Yes, the OS version, but I'm pinging my works network for my emails, so it captures the emails on my desktop as well as my Treo now. If I delete or reply to an email on my Treo, it'll mirror what's on my desktop in Outlook. Email really isn't my issue, that's all cool. I just wondered if there was a way to integrate the info in my palm pilot and merge it over to my Treo as well as begin using my Treo for schedules and contacts via a desktop application and just sync what I've accomplished over to the Treo.
  6.    #6  
    Oops, I mean I'm using the window's version of Outlook, not palm's version. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm not familiar with Palm's OS and synching abilities but why don't you try synching your Palm Pilot with OL and then synch OL with your Treo?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Yes, you want to make sure to sync your Palm OS device with Outlook. You can use the CD to change the sync preferences from Palm desktop to Outlook. This will load everything into Outlook. When you first sync your Treo to Outlook you will want to select combine information if you have been entering information in your Treo already that you don't have in outlook. Hope this helps.