Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    from: http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...on_8525_b.html

Looks like Official rom for 8525 due out Oct 5th. With hints and rumors that Treo 750 and Bj at same time.

Any word insider? Still saying end of August?
    Still hopeful. The upgrade is ready, but the problem is that GoodMail is not compatible with WM6. Since they are a part of the release effort, Palm may be held up till the release of GM5.0 is ready. You've seen the ATT ROM, so you know it's out there.
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    I can only hope ALL the bugs are worked out of WM6 as long as its taken.
    I hope I win the lottery, but that's not gonna happen either. What you see with the leaked version is pretty much what you'll get. A couple of tweaks, but there's no time for additional revisions and testing. IMO, WM6 is significantly faster, about as stable, but there are plenty of third party application incompatibilities, so get ready for lots of apps to NOT work correctly. MS has done a decent job with the OS. The radio firmware will be the true test of usability. I'll tell you right now, you won't be happy with battery performance using HSDPA. Fast downloads, yes...faster battery drain, yes (unless that's one of the final fixes).
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Still hopeful. The upgrade is ready, but the problem is that GoodMail is not compatible with WM6. Since they are a part of the release effort, Palm may be held up till the release of GM5.0 is ready. You've seen the ATT ROM, so you know it's out there.
    I tried to go to the good mail site to get a hint on when that would be but couldn't find a glimmer. Any ideas?

EDIT: NM I found it, September.
    Last edited by driazen; 08/21/2007 at 06:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    So any more hints insider, after the release of the Vodaphone version. Think the AT&T version release is still on track for mid September? Heard any more news/rumor about the compatible release of Good?