1.    #1  
    I have installed WM6, but my favorite app (weatherpanel) is not working properly. It eats up my CPU and battery in WM6. In light of this, i think it would be a good idea to make a list of applications that don't work in WM6.
    Last edited by lyndon_h; 08/20/2007 at 04:18 PM.
    The following do not work for me in WM6:
    SMS Left Soft Key - no effect
    GB Soft Tweak WM5 - I used it in WM5 to turn off GPRS after 2 minutes of inactivity, but no effect in WM6.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
    I have installed WM6, but my favorite app (weatherpanel) is not working properly. It eats up my CPU and battery in WM6. In light of this, i think it would be a good idea to make a list of applications that don't work in WM6.

So to start it off:

WeatherPanel
    The problem you were experiencing was most likely due to the fact that the WeatherPanel servers have been down for the last couple of days. Before this particular incident, I have had no issues running WeatherPanel in WM6.

Once the server problems started cropping up, WeatherPanel started slowing my entire device down. The "fixes" have been posted on PPCGeeks:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...therpanel.html
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    The problem you were experiencing was most likely due to the fact that the WeatherPanel servers have been down for the last couple of days. Before this particular incident, I have had no issues running WeatherPanel in WM6.

Once the server problems started cropping up, WeatherPanel started slowing my entire device down. The "fixes" have been posted on PPCGeeks:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...therpanel.html
    Thanks, JGold. The fix works perfectly.
    I updated to WM6 version and every time it disconnects and reconnects, it would reset my treo. Thank god, I don't need it anymore since WM6 has internet sharing.

This is what pdanet support had to say about this problem:

"Hi Julizzette,

The is a known issue with the WM6 system on the Treo 750 phone. It doesn't really reset the phone, just the radio part so the impact should be very low. However we do not currently have a good solution around it. We will try to see if this is something we can fix at the software end in future updates.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support
    http://www.junefabrics.com"
    To tell you the truth, every time it "reset the radio" my treo operated kind of erractic.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!