1.    #1  
    2 days ago I got the "Battery is too hot and charging will stop uptil it cools down" warning, and ever since then, if I charge th battery to 100%, it runs to less tha 5% inlike 2 hours.
    I have the Sprint insurance, and Im sure the phone is still under Palm warranty, so what should i do?? Id like to get the 240maHr Batt, but I dont want to spend the$$ right now. I had no prolems witht he stock battery until now. it used to last me all day with moderate usage, but now if I dont have a charger everywhere I go, Im screwed within a few hours.
    Any help is appreciated.

PS, I have also tries numerous sot and even a hard reset, so thats not it either.
    This seems pretty straight forward to me. You need a new battery. As good as battery technology has gotten over the last years... they still go bad. Some sooner than others. Less than a year is not uncommon. Granted most last longer, sometimes much longer, but still, less than a year failure is not that uncommon.

I have 5 spare OEM batteries. All from eBay at about $10 each, including shipping. Take a look...

Here's one for $15, don't have time to look for $10 deals right now, but they are out there..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-for-Treo...QQcmdZViewItem

-Frank
    are you using weatherpanel??
    i have noticed a significant battery drain lately, and i am using weather panel...do you think that could be the issue?
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    This seems pretty straight forward to me. You need a new battery. As good as battery technology has gotten over the last years... they still go bad. Some sooner than others. Less than a year is not uncommon. Granted most last longer, sometimes much longer, but still, less than a year failure is not that uncommon.

I have 5 spare OEM batteries. All from eBay at about $10 each, including shipping. Take a look...

Here's one for $15, don't have time to look for $10 deals right now, but they are out there..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-for-Treo...QQcmdZViewItem
    tHanx Frank, I know all about the Ebay bateries, and may resort to them, but if I buy another attery, I may as well go for the extended one in the store. my question (one of many that is) is shouldnt there be some kind of warrany from Palm on them?? The phon is only a few months old, and IMO it should be covered. If not, would my Sprint monthly insurance cover a new battery??

-Frank
    overbyc1 are you using weatherpanel??
    overbyc1 http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150862
    overbyc1, to answer your question, yes I am using WP, and it seems from the posts you sent me to that there is some sort o problem with it that can be fixed by installing a new .cab.
    The problem here is, IM basically like a monkey slapping keys when it comes to phones and computers. I was amazed I even got WP to work on ym Treo, and couldnt tell you how I did it. I still hae it set for 320x240 screen (couldnt figure out the 240x240 setup, so I miss half o the ino on most pages.:LOL
    To make a long post even longer, I have no idea what Im supposed to do to fix the problem. Im thinking about just deleting WP if it will help with the battery issue, although I love it.
    If someone could be so kind as to give me a walk thru via PM or even a phone call, Id be forever grateful. otherwise, Ill have to decide if I want to keep running my cut-off version of WP and keep my phone on constant charge, or jst outright get rid of WP.

Thanx in advance all, especially Frankxs and overbyc1

Just incase someone wants to take me up on the walk-thru, my AIM S/N is: MLMcap79 and you can hit me up there, or PM me here for my Phone #.

Thanx again guys.
    If it werent for this site, I wouldve tossed my Treo thru a window within a week of getting it.:LOL
    Hey I just got a Treo 700w for my girlfriend from my boss- we switched to at&t and he got a blackberry and so did I... anyways, the phone is overheating upon charging and use... it wont charge fully and stops itself and is very very hot. I went to verizon and bought a new battery... no fix! I did a hard reset on the phone and cleared all the data, still overheats. The phone had no problem when my boss was using it, it sat in his drawer for about 20-30 days before he gave it to me.... any ideas, I'm at a loss and about to take it in for service where im sure they'll charge me an arm and a leg. Any help would be greatly appreciated! --Chad--