1.    #1  
    Hi,

Has anyone been able to get either the mlb.tv video or gameday audio streaming on your Treo? If so, share the knowledge

I've looked around but haven't been able to find any successful tries.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I have been working on this for the past 3 years. I tried to get it working with Symbian, and Windows Mobile.

Here is what you can do:
    On your normal desktop PC, use firefox, and get the plugin for media links ( I forgot what it was called). Then sign into MSN messenger or any messenger that you can sign into on both your treo and PC.
    On your pc, go to MLB, login, etc, and go to the game. Either audio or video. Then use the firefox plugin to get the URL of the stream and send it via messenger to the treo. Open it with the treo, and you should be in business.

Things you should know:
    The video stream URLs are too long for treo to handle, but you can still erase some of the "useless" parameters in the URL. If I recal correctly, the last 2 parameters can be omitted, and that should be good enough for the treo.

Also, note, that the stream URLs must be opened quickly as they expire in about 2 minutes from the time that you first open them.

Now, if you are on the road, and need the URL, you can use remote desktop or similar software to send yourself the URL.