Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. nehvada's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #1  
    hi everybody,

    the treo is missing that option, it can only vibrate AND ring. i also have installe SBSH phone weaver, which can set to "Vibrate, then Ring", but it still does Vibrate AND Ring at the same time.

    is there any registry hack to enable that? it would even help me, if someone could point me in the right direction inside the registry and i will find out.

    thanx!!
  2. #2  
    I think those options were crippled by Palm customizations. Playing with some hacks, saw that option momentarily.

    Is a shame how Palm had to alter WM5 to fit on a Treo hardware. They killed WM5, same happends to WM6.
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
  3. nehvada's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariele View Post
    Playing with some hacks, saw that option momentarily.

    ....
    do you remember where you saw that? if you can give just a rough direction i would be more than happy!
  4. #4  
    No 100% sure, but this thread I mention the hack was playing with.
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
  5. #5  
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
  6. nehvada's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #6  
    YESS!! this is how it works:

    Return reg string \\HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled to 0
    thanx a lot!

    edit: the thread above says "change it to "1", but the problem was different to mine. so without using the palm skin for the phone the default WM ring options work for me.
  7. #7  
    The reference thead I pointed to, is correct. In that tweak I had to revert my hack from 0 to 1 because I lost ringer sound.

    This hack didn't affect your incoming ring?
    Could you post your findings after apply this hack?

    Thanks,
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
  8. nehvada's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #8  
    i guess we are talking about two different problems here

    1. yours seems to be loosing ringer and/or vibrate, so no sound at all, right? this might be caused be a "branded" rom from att or some other network carrier. -> "1"

    2. mine was working perfectly (german vodafone rom), no sound or vibration missing. i was only missing the option to select "vibrate THEN ring" instead of "vibrate AND ring", which is solved perfectly with the hack i posted. -> "0"
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariele View Post
    Is a shame how Palm had to alter WM5 to fit on a Treo hardware. They killed WM5, same happends to WM6.
    Considering you come from an 8125, I can't believe you actually think that!

    Palms customizations on WM are second to none, in fact MS added smart-dial-from-today-screen because of Palm. Palms customization make wm run quicker also IMO, and also enabled mp3 ringtones for messaging. Something else MS has now finally added themselves. I don't care for the speed dial, but that has also been ported to other wm phones via hackers. MS has also added the today screen search bar now. The WM dialer is 95% useless now (the other 5% for when you need to know what letters correspond to the numbers), and threaded SMS.

    To each his own I guess, but I will take all that and live w/o vibrate then ring. Just my .02, of course.
  10. bkathens's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #10  
    I use PhoneAlarm and it does vib then ring plus many other combinations. Try the 30 day trial. Look for it under profiles, ring settings, ring type
  11. nehvada's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Considering you come from an 8125, I can't believe you actually think that!

    Palms customizations on WM are second to none, in fact MS added smart-dial-from-today-screen because of Palm. Palms customization make wm run quicker also IMO, and also enabled mp3 ringtones for messaging. Something else MS has now finally added themselves. I don't care for the speed dial, but that has also been ported to other wm phones via hackers. MS has also added the today screen search bar now. The WM dialer is 95% useless now (the other 5% for when you need to know what letters correspond to the numbers), and threaded SMS.

    To each his own I guess, but I will take all that and live w/o vibrate then ring. Just my .02, of course.
    i just want to confirm that i still have ALL these palm extras PLUS the "vibrate-then-ring-option" after i did the hack
    and i like them

Posting Permissions