Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just installed WM6 on my Treo 750. What makes WM6 so good is that WM5 was so so so soooo bad!! Almost Un-usable. Phone calls wouldnt answer 70% percent of the time and with great delays and locking up. I would also hit the end button and most of the time it wouldnt work! WTF!

Now With wm6 its a whole new ball game.
    1) Email. Faster downloading, better syncing,better initializing new accounts. No need to enter imap or smtp info. The whole email app is new and feels much better. Hard to describe, but responding to emails is much more fluid now. One of the best features is email search function. works like contact search. a well needed feature to quickly find emails without scrolling.
    2) Internet Seems at least twice as fast now. Speeds are amazing. I dont understand how this is being done with the same hardware!
    3) Internet Sharing Now i dont need pda net . I can hook directly up to laptop and cruise at rediculous speeds. You gotta see this to beleive it!
    4) User Interface I dont want to say what everyone in here already knows , but the UI feels 100 times fater with no lag. The #1 complaint on Wm5 was the lag. Made the whole phone experience suffer. That whole issue is completely gone !

Note (must do a hard reset after installing wm6 or it wont work well)

5) Call Quality . Seems same, but phone does not lock up on a call, like in wm5.
    6) Send and End Buttons They now actually work all the time!.
    A revelation for a treo mobile.
    7) Windows Live is just amazing. Works very well. It includes instant messenger service. It somehow got all phone numbers from somewhere,I dont understand, but my phone downloaded my ph numbers from online. dont understand.
    8) Bluetooth snyced with my apple BT headset and works flawlessly. No issues at all. Clear, good signal, and syncs every time for a call.
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    I wonder if some of your improvements is not just from having just hard reset the device.

Also, in the mail app, look for the keyboard shortcuts (hold down the H button for a list).

Surur
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I've installed the WM6 ROM for over 2 weeks (almost 3 weeks). The observations of the OP still hold true. So I think the improvements are indeed there because of the ROM update.

There are still kinks in email which I'm not going to repeat here. Hopefully they will be resolved by the time the official update is out (it's about sending attachments and failing to reply/forward emails - which happen only sporadically but annoying).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Likewise, I agree with the mmm208's observations. The only that I cannot get past is the slower than usual typing/letter recognition. It seems that the loading cursor comes more often when I am banging out a long e-mail. It is rather annoying and definitely something not remedied by just closing the apps running in the background. I also notice it happens more frequently in Poutlook.....
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Try A Soft Reset . It Worked For Me.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The soft reset works but I notice this happens quite frequently throughout the day which means I would be soft resetting constantly. There's gotta be something that is affecting it....
    phaijai, are you using Word Completion? Maybe that cause it...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Yeah, using word completion but from what I have read in other threads, the slowness still happens without the word completion. When I initially loaded WM6, it suggested three words and I changed it to one. I will try it without for the next day or so to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    well after a few days with wm6 , its quite buggy and i hope this rom is not near final version. Msn is very buggy and unstable. email has connection error s at times, phone does not have conference call, BT(sounds good) but hooks up a few times then needs a repair ability etc....

hope they work on the rom some more/.