Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me add that when it drops the connection, if i click refresh on the treo "serial port", i can see the PC connect and say connected com 3 just fine for about 1-2 seconds, then it drops.

I just realized that I am testing this on a computer that does NOT have microsoft activesync software installed....
    Last edited by aslmentor; 12/04/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Remove the pairing from the pc and treo, then start the pairing from the treo side.

After the PIN exchange, you must see the activesync service on teh treo's display check it and then start the BT activesync connection from the treo.

BTW, there are hundreds of tutorials on the web abouth this, just google for "activesync + bluetooth".
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    Word of caution: If you have the PDA Laptop Connect plan use ICS, if not strictly use My ISP!!

If you use ICS and do NOT have a PDA Laptop Connect Plan you're bill will be huge! ICS uses isp.cingular.com while My ISP uses wap.cingular.com

If your data plan is, for example, Media Max 200 you do NOT wanna use ICS!!
    Can you explain this more. I can connect with both but don't know what one to use. I have the "PDAUNL ALL4" package is what my bill says. Which from what I remember is unlimited data but does that include connecting my laptop?

Thanks
    My laptop at home worked great via bt and sync-I also learned how to add com ports. what fun... grr.
    Last edited by aslmentor; 12/05/2007 at 10:50 AM.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Bluetooth and Treo is paired- syncs great.

Internet will not work (through active sync) even if I have, under Bluetooth config, allow other devices to access internet via this computer.

On the configure network adapater, I tried the ICS and set it on but then this computer’s other LAN highspeed interet loses it’s IP address/connectivity therefore the BT LAN can not “piggyback” on this internet access.

What I don’t understand is that on one other computer (which I can’t access now- different place) I did the same set up and it worked. Both has win xp- (one is win xp pro though) so what am I missing?

On one other computer I installed BT software and microsoft active sync but the Sync says "no activesync on the pc"- even though I installed it on the computer- those two computers are really weird, both giving me different issues. Laptop worked great. Go figure. HELP.
    Lance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12