Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Im looking into an alternative browser for my Treo 750 because im not a big fan of the Internet Explorer that comes with WM5 and it just seems slow to me. Anyway I stumbled across two different browsers and it looks like alot of people are using Opera Mini, is it good? It didnt look like it supported tabbed browsing, which may be overkill on a PDA, but still would be nice to have. Then I came across something called MiniMo which is still in its earlier editions (.2) which looks to me like it has tabbed broswing. Can anyone vouch for either of these and let me know which one they would choose over the default broswer in WM5.

Opera Mini 3.1
    http://www.operamini.com/

MiniMo .2
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/
    Minimo is horribly slow and the memory usage is poor. Out of those 2, go with Opera.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    people say that Opera Mini makes the pages load much faster than Internet Explorer... how does it work and is broswing greatly improved?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    hmm.... going to www.operamini.com on my phone and trying to install it is rendering unsucessful Doesnt look like my phone can read the .jad or whatever file.. I thought it would give me a .cab file to download. Anyone run Opera Mini on their Treo 750?
    I user Opera mini and it seems to load much faster than IE. I just wish it was easier to get to than going to the Midlet Manager to get to it though. I need to replace my IE shortcut button with Opera.
    You might also want to look into Picsel Browser.

Mozillas' Minimo doesn't work.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    so your able to get Opera Mini on your Treo? hmm... Is it a java applet that needs to be loaded?
    I installed this on my PPC-6800. Seems to work nice. But I found one BIG hang up. You cannot import your bookmarks! What were they thinking??? Oh, well. Back to IE.LOL
    PPC-6800 Noob Tweaker
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    the thing I notice the most with IE, is that the image quality sometimes sucks.. like the images are compressed or something

Anyone else get this?
    If you wanted to spend $24, I'd say go with Opera Mobile. Version 9 is coming soon, with AJAX support.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile...cts/winmobile/
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    so your able to get Opera Mini on your Treo? hmm... Is it a java applet that needs to be loaded?
    Search for risidoro midlet manager
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    after 2-3 tries with both my T650 and now with my Mogul, I am still trying to figure out what the big deal is with Opera. It does nothing for me - not really any faster and in 24hrs it has locked on me twice. IE with evdo will do just fine, IMHO.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    the big deal is not usually with Opera...but with OpraMini. I find that one very fast. It will load a graphic intensive page in just a fraction of the time that PIE would take. I just linked Java to my Internet Explorer button and have been Using OpraMini Beta 2 for a while now and love it.
    I love opera mini for speeding around on the net. You have to intall the java micro environment of course but its worth it. I also use opera mobile since PIE doesnt do java script. You cant go wrong with these 2. Lemme know if anyone needs links or help installing java or the operamini midlet.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Where can i find a download link for Picsel Browser? I looked all around, and their site rendered me no help, just corporate mumbo jumbo
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I love opera mini for speeding around on the net. You have to intall the java micro environment of course but its worth it. I also use opera mobile since PIE doesnt do java script. You cant go wrong with these 2. Lemme know if anyone needs links or help installing java or the operamini midlet.
    meme help me lol
    umm could you explain a little more the difference between PIE IE & OPERA MINI? and provide links and baisic instalation instructions if it gets difficult?thanx for taking the time....
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    OK, apparently I'm "that guy." I need help finding the right version and installing Java. Presumably after I do that I'll be able to install OperaMini. If not, I'll be back with another plea for help.

Thanks!!

Never mind -- I figured it out from yet another thread....love this forum!!
    Last edited by TampaTreo; 10/15/2007 at 12:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaTreo View Post
    OK, apparently I'm "that guy." I need help finding the right version and installing Java. Presumably after I do that I'll be able to install OperaMini. If not, I'll be back with another plea for help.

Thanks!!

Never mind -- I figured it out from yet another thread....love this forum!!

mind posting a link to that thread?
    thanx
    -Devin
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    hey could somone please help me with installing mini...
    I go to the web link and I get a jap file or something that sounds like that. But neither my computer nor my treo 700wx doesn't recognize it to install it...
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    hey could somone please help me with installing mini...
    I go to the web link and I get a jap file or something that sounds like that. But neither my computer nor my treo 700wx doesn't recognize it to install it...

Pleas read the previous posts.

You need a midlet manager, search for "risidoro midlet manager" and then go to http://mini.opera.com and download operamini (3.xx or 4.b3), the installation pocess will start automagically.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast