1.    #1  
    All of a sudden tonight my 700wx won't stop using the data. I went from 70% battery to 5% in about 10 minutes. I can't make it stop using data!

I've turned off auto email checking in poutlook. I deleted Octrotalk. I soft reset like 5 times now.

Any ideas please???

I hope I donLt have to do a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    All of a sudden tonight my 700wx won't stop using the data. I went from 70% battery to 5% in about 10 minutes. I can't make it stop using data!

I've turned off auto email checking in poutlook. I deleted Octrotalk. I soft reset like 5 times now.

Any ideas please???

I hope I donLt have to do a hard reset.
    Your using WeatherPanel, aren't you?

The authorization site for WP officially went down. StoryR was kind enough to create a work-around by installing his .cab file.

Look under the PPC Software section for the post. I can't get to the site now due to our crappy server = Error 503

Update: read here

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    You're right... I'm running weatherPanel. I think the update cab did the trick.

Thanks!
    For the first time since I've had my 700wx, the battery was completely drained... and now I know why! Thanks again Mal. You really are a big part of keeping this forum so necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcullum View Post
    For the first time since I've had my 700wx, the battery was completely drained... and now I know why! Thanks again Mal. You really are a big part of keeping this forum so necessary.
    lol, np.

Trust me I was in the same boat this morning, wondering why my data was staying connected, but I had seen this before with WP. I'm just glad StoryR was prepared (he made that little app 9 months ago! he knew this would happen...so drop him a kudos for his vigilance!)

6.    #6  
    Well thanks so much StoryR. I know a lot of people here appreciate you proactive work!
    Mal,

Thank you & Storyr for this easy solution. I was afraid it was time for another hard reset and then the issues with the phone overheating, even when it wasn't on a charger. Thanks a million!
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
    You guys rock. I was wondering what was going on lately.. All of a sudden, my battery was being sapped and I couldn't get weather panel to work. I was getting a little more than frustrated.
    many thanks, it got me as well... i was starting to get worried.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    hmm

i went ahead and installed this; I also turned off the auto update.. yet every few minutes i look down (after turning the connection off) its connected again.

I even turned off the email connection
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    hmm

i went ahead and installed this; I also turned off the auto update.. yet every few minutes i look down (after turning the connection off) its connected again.

I even turned off the email connection
    Update:

StoryR made some changes to this whole process. The original one linked will not work.

So if you "fixed" this 2 days ago, go back here and catch up!

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...164.html#77966

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Update:

StoryR made some changes to this whole process. The original one linked will not work.

what is odd is, I installed Weatherpanel for the first time ever today; also used the latest fix file (the all in one cab 2 post down)

and i am still constantly connected.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Update:

Sorry for the hassle - having to update twice. I was caught a little off gaurd after I released the initial fix. It redirected all of WeatherPanel's authorization requests to my company's web site. We don't get a lot of traffic - a few hundred hits a day. The second day after releasing the fix, it shot up to 25,000 hits!

I quickly realized we needed a dedicated, hosted server - so I purchased a domain and hosting services (thanks GoDaddy). This is why I switched...