1.    #1  
    I've been testing demos of all kinds of games... it seems about 50% of them want the standard 4 palm buttons (menu, calendar, etc.) and since I don't have them I can't do certain things.

But most annoying is the fact that I can't figure out how to get out of half the games! Is there a way to auto-close the application running (holding down OK doesn't work) or somehow get back to a different app when I'm stuck in a game?
    soft reset. you must be trying out some weird games in a palm emulator or something. OK or better yet hold OK to get task panel and force close has always worked for me. just soft reset and don't play that game anymore
    Try the find function. I've used that with success. I search for a name in contacts and lo I can escape the game without a soft reset.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    soft reset. you must be trying out some weird games in a palm emulator or something. OK or better yet hold OK to get task panel and force close has always worked for me. just soft reset and don't play that game anymore
    No palm editor. A number of games from pdamill.com, which seems to make some of the best looking games I've seen for WM5. Try one yourself and see.

holding OK doesn't work at all, which I stated above.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    Try the find function. I've used that with success. I search for a name in contacts and lo I can escape the game without a soft reset.
    Hmm OK, I'll try that! Thanks.

I did find a way to get out now, but it requires a second phone! If I'm in a game and call my phone, it goes to the phone app and I can go to task manager and kill the game. Not an option if I'm by myself in a hotel or airport though!
    Have you tried using ctrl key pro? It lets you use the keyboard to list programs or close them or assign programs to ctrl-key combos. I highly recommend it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139680
    Calling your Treo! I like that solution. Very creative. I'll try that one next time. It will probably work when I'm waiting for a website to load, and waiting, and waiting..... Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you tried using ctrl key pro? It lets you use the keyboard to list programs or close them or assign programs to ctrl-key combos. I highly recommend it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139680
    I haven't tried it but I'll give it a look. I don't think it will matter though. Most of these games seem to take over control of all buttons. I even set the side (PTT) button to task manager and still couldn't get out!

Addendum: I've now found another way to get out sometimes: I pop out the SDcard and pop it back in. The screen usually changes to a prompt asking me if I want to view the pics on it. On occasion this didn't work and it ignore the card completely. So far the "calling the phone" method seems to be the only 100% way.
    Using ctrl key pro you can close a game pressing alt-k. I tried it when in space invaders and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treofficial View Post
    I haven't tried it but I'll give it a look. I don't think it will matter though. Most of these games seem to take over control of all buttons. I even set the side (PTT) button to task manager and still couldn't get out!

Addendum: I've now found another way to get out sometimes: I pop out the SDcard and pop it back in. The screen usually changes to a prompt asking me if I want to view the pics on it. On occasion this didn't work and it ignore the card completely. So far the "calling the phone" method seems to be the only 100% way.
    Of course, I found out the SD card method does not work so well when the game is stored on the SD card!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Of course, I found out the SD card method does not work so well when the game is stored on the SD card!
    I totally thought that would be the case as well, but I haven't had that experience yet. All my games are stored on the SD card, yet continue to run fine when I pop it out! I guess it loads it all into memory before it starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treofficial View Post
    I totally thought that would be the case as well, but I haven't had that experience yet. All my games are stored on the SD card, yet continue to run fine when I pop it out! I guess it loads it all into memory before it starts.
    It doesn't seem to work well with my Astraware Sudoku...
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net