1.    #1  
    Just got my new Treo running Windows Mobile 5. Has anyone in the UK upgraded to the Windows Mobile 6 ROM on a UK device and have they had any issues. I am currently on the Orange network and have the Windows Mobile 6 ROM Upgrade but havent installed it yet.

Dlburgster@gmail.com
    Almost no problem with the AT&T rom here in Italy (I tried all the italian carriers)

No problem at all with the vanilla ROM (a debranded AT&T).

No problem at all with the vodafone rom.

I think that in UK all is going to work fine as in Italy
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    But are there any UK users that have actualy done this upgrade. Do you loose any of the Palm functionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by slinnky22 View Post
    Thanks.
    But are there any UK users that have actualy done this upgrade. Do you loose any of the Palm functionality?

Using Treo 750v with AAT WM6 ROM on UK Vodafone.

Works brilliantly - & ALL Palm functionality is still there!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have upgraded my unlocked 750v. I am using it on 3 UK.

So far I have had no problem at all. Removed all the ATT customization from th ROM so its just a plain Palm ROM now.

All the 3UK settings were added automatically.

So everything is working for me now, including MMS which I couldn't get working on WM5.

So my advice is go ahead and upgrade and you won't regret it.
  6.    #6  
    How did you remove the AT&T Customisation from your device when you did the upgrade?

Thanks
  7.    #8  
    I checked the link, I'm sorry to seem a little dumb buu are these the instructions for removing the AT&T customisation. All seems a little confusing.

Thanks Again
  8.    #9  
    Can Anyone Help Please!!!
    Got hold of Windows Mobil 6 Vodafone ROM (CHEEIMG-WM6-VODA.nbh) this is how the file looks and it is 84,208KB in size.
    I formated my SD memory card on my device and I have checked it using RESCO and it states it is formated to FAT 32.
    I have followed the instructions about holding the snall button on the left of the device and then pin resetting. All that happens is that the screen shows coloured bars and at the bottom the words installer. It just stays like this and nothing happens. I then tried formating the card to FAT 32 16KB instead of FAT 32 8. This time the same happened but after a few seconds the coloured bars went and the screen went blank (dark). Then it slowly lightened in colour but did nothing else.
    Tried this over a dozen time and can get it to work.
    Can anyone suggest a fix please.

Thanks
    Have you renamed file to CHEEIMG.nbh?
  10.    #11  
    I didnt realise I had to rename file.
  11.    #12  
    Just renamed the file and it just hangs at the coloured bars screen. At the bottom it says Serial.
    i renamed the file on my pc and re formated the card put the file back on the card and it worked
  13.    #14  
    Thanks for all the advise. I finaly have it working and its great. Everything works fine and I would say it certainly seems quicker when running and opening programes.
    Last edited by slinnky22; 08/19/2007 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    can someone post the wm6 vodafone (.tsk) theme file? thanxxx
    Hi!

Can you share the wm6 vodafone rom. I want to update my 750v to wm6..
    If you can email me the url from where I can download to this email-id (dasgupta.sanjoy@gmail.com). It's not available any longer at xda site.

Rgds
    I am on 3 UK and have upgraded my unbranded Treo 750 to the Vodafone ROM. All seems to be running well. I did have the issue where the Treo refused to switch off but fiddling with the keyguard seems to have made it behave itself.

Haven't really noticed any speed improvements nor battery degradation (I am running Exchange ActiveSync via mail2web so I am used to not getting a full day out of it).

For me, I will be upgrading to the WM6 unbranded version as soon as it becomes available as I have one small issue with my phone that the screen goes funny once in a while when I wake it from sleep.

To be honest, the only reason for me to upgrade was the inbox searching which is handy when I am on the move and need to recall an email that I received. Other than that, this release seems evolutionary rather than revolutionary . Photon (Mobile 7), according to the guys at Microsoft, is meant to be more revolutionary. Let's hope so
    Quote Originally Posted by sd130146 View Post
    Hi!

Can you share the wm6 vodafone rom. I want to update my 750v to wm6..
    If you can email me the url from where I can download to this email-id (dasgupta.sanjoy@gmail.com). It's not available any longer at xda site.

Rgds
    Have a look here