Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my cell phone plan and came from an absolutely horrible phone (Nokia 6102). I thought it was time to get into a PDA phone since I've wanted one for quite some time and I have some experience with Windows Mobile and I have written a program for PPC2002 then had to change code around so it worked with WM5. Eventually I would like to create some small apps, etc. This is why I chose a Windows Mobile device over something like a blackberry or another Palm. I still have my old iPAQ 3765 that I occasionally use except for the fact that the digitizer is starting to die on me.

I havent really played with it too intensely, but when I ordered it over the phone I got right on the net and started accessorizing it. I now have 3 extra styli from Palm for it, a 2gb miniSD card, USB Cradle w/extra batt. charger and a cheap case from Walmart that has a magnet in it, havent used it with it yet, because I dont know much about the magnetic field and the phone, wonder if its going to do any harm (especially over time). So if anyone can let me know if I should or shouldnt use it that would be greatly appreciated.

I had some questions about it's bluetooth as well. I cant seem to get it to work the way I thought it would, and the way Ive seen so many other phones work. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter for my PC which says Class 2 (which i have read means its like good for about 30ft). When I installed the device and enabled Bluetooth on my phone (discoverable mode) the computer saw it but the only options it gives me are Dial Up Networking and a Headset feature. All I want to do is be able to share files between my PC and it would be need to be able to ActiveSync with it and my computer.

So as not to put to much in one thread I'll leave it at this and continue reading through the threads at the forum here... If i had asked some pretty noobie questions, please bear with me.. (after all im new to this forum)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    There's an optional Bluetooth connectivity installer on the software CD that comes with the 750. Install that, and you should be able to do ActiveSync by Bluetooth. With this, you can open an "Explore" window in ActiveSync and drag and drop files between the Treo and the PC.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ahh... So then I wouldnt have to cradle it at all for ActiveSync

Thanks for the quick reply, and Im really glad I found this forum because another one that I belong to and do alot with doesnt have a very strong PDA following and so questions I would ask would have to eventually be figured out by trial and error on my side

What do you think about this case: http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-23--2105.htm

I guess this website also sells stuff for the Treo's which is a nice feature if i do say so myself. Im just a little sketchy about the magnetic clasp on the case I just got from the W

EDIT: Wow there is alot of stuff in the TreoStore and so much of it looks very tempting..

Anyone have any suggestions on things I should look at buying?
    Last edited by ShuckyD; 08/16/2007 at 09:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Cases are a very personal thing. But metal cases for phones seems a bad idea to me.

A lot will depend on how you carry your phone and what your preference is regarding a cover (none, flip up, snap from the side, etc.)
    I had some questions about it's bluetooth as well. I cant seem to get it to work the way I thought it would, and the way Ive seen so many other phones work. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter for my PC which says Class 2 (which i have read means its like good for about 30ft). When I installed the device and enabled Bluetooth on my phone (discoverable mode) the computer saw it but the only options it gives me are Dial Up Networking and a Headset feature. All I want to do is be able to share files between my PC and it would be need to be able to ActiveSync with it and my computer.
    Are you using (on the pc side) the M$ Bluetooth stack ?

If the answer is yes, you have to add manually a serial port (on the bt cpntrol panel), then you have to tell activesync to accept connections from this port, then you have to pair starting from the treo side.

Doing so activesync via BT is working easy.

P.S. don't know what happen with activesync 4.5 but with the previous versions the serial port number MUST be < 10 or the connection will remain a dream.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    P.S. don't know what happen with activesync 4.5 but with the previous versions the serial port number MUST be < 10 or the connection will remain a dream.
    So do you recommend ActiveSync 4.5 or do you think another version would be better for me?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you're running XP, 4.5 is best. Vista has its own version (Windows Media Device Center).
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    OK so i got the incomming port as COM8 and it is recognixed on the computer and PDA, now how about an outgoing port, do i need one to sync with ActiveSync, if so does it have to be a different #?