Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Someone has uploaded the Vodafone WM6 ROM onto the xda-developers FTP site. Please make a mirror - save their bandwidth. (Originally thought to be Generic, this is indeed the Vodafone ROM)

You can download from:
    ftp.xda-developers.com

Good news:
    - much cleaner than AT&T ROM. Feels faster.
    - HSDPA enabled by default
    Bad news:
    - it is same WM6 build and slightly older ROM than the AT&T ROM
    - Still need to run Treo Update Recovery Tool if you can't receive phone calls

WM6 build 17746.0.2.4
    Firmware 1.47.02.00

Free memory on first boot: 52.11MB Storage, 26MB Program
    Last edited by awojtas; 08/15/2007 at 09:35 PM.
    I wouldn't look at it as an "older" ROM (in a bad way that is)

First, its not the whole ROM, its the Palm customizations. And I can assure you nothing is different in that regard in either phone. They have a different number because Voda was released first, and the always leave a number or two in case they update. They also have the unbranded number also, whatever that is.

That being said, I found the Cingular 750 to be more stable than the 750v. So much that I think I have a hardware issue in my 750v. I'm installing wm6 now to see if there's a difference now.
    Man, the business theme doesn't haved two-tone menu bars either! Damn palm...
    Funny, first the AT&T customized rom leakes out, now the Vodafone one... Seems that only Palm itself is capable of keeping the software indoors

Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed, but I'll still wait for the original rom from Palm.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    whoever using this rom, plz review...i would like to know how it runs..i dont mind getting rid of att junk & gain some space!
    Why don't you try it yourself if you're so curious?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Is it worth the upgrade from WM5 on my AT&T phone? Does the AT&T version have a letter designatiion after my phone, like is it s Treo 750v ? or just a Treo 750 (because thats what it says on the box)

Also is there a rollback feature from WM6 to WM5 if it proves to be too much of a buggy OS
    Quote Originally Posted by awojtas View Post
    Hi guys,

Someone has uploaded the Vodafone WM6 ROM onto the xda-developers FTP site. Please make a mirror - save their bandwidth. (Originally thought to be Generic, this is indeed the Vodafone ROM)

You can download from:
    ftp.xda-developers.com

Good news:
    Bad news:

WM6 build 17746.0.2.4
    Firmware 1.47.02.00

Hi, is the link working ? can't seem to access the link. Thanks
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    In the xda site, it mentioned about file removed after Palm complained...

Can somebody upload it somewhere else to share? The rapidshare link in xda forum never works.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    Why don't you try it yourself if you're so curious?
    someone above has already tried it i guess :P
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    Is it worth the upgrade from WM5 on my AT&T phone? Does the AT&T version have a letter designatiion after my phone, like is it s Treo 750v ? or just a Treo 750 (because thats what it says on the box)

Also is there a rollback feature from WM6 to WM5 if it proves to be too much of a buggy OS
    hey shuckD, i was sketch about upgrading to wm6...but i must have to say that im glad i took the plunge...its like a new phone and i dont know why anyone would even think of going back to wm5 after the upgrade...btw i have a Cingy750 (ATT) no bugs as of yet and i have been running wm6 for about a month now...well since the first leak of wm6...hope this helps...ohh and i have the ATT wm6...never tried this one...but i d/l it last night just incase i wanna try...but im happy with this one...
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    can i roll back to WM5 if for whatever reason I dont like it or am I stuck with it?
    As told so many times in these topics, this update is not yet officially released by Palm. This means you won't get any support, nor will Palm provide any means of downgrading your device to WM5. So if you decide to go with WM6, and you don't like it, or brick your phone, you can't do anything to repair it and have to take your loss so to say.

Only when you own a Vodafone branded 750 you can download a WM5 rom from their website to flash it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by awojtas View Post
    Hi guys,

You can download from:
    ftp.xda-developers.com

Good news:
    Bad news:

WM6 build 17746.0.2.4
    Firmware 1.47.02.00

I have managed to download and overide the AT&T ROM which I flash 2 weeks ago.

The Vodafone ROM feels faster(atlease to me on my Vodafone 750v) and MSN icon is already built into Programs. Will further test the ROM tonight when I get home.
    I suppose this isn't a multilanguage ROM...
    I have only tried the at&t rom but it seems to me my treo doesnt wake up as promptly on incoming SMSs and emails as it used to.

Sometimes it lays dormant and when i power up it alerts me of a message that should have arrived an hour before.

is this WM, the radio, or the 750s problem?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    does anyone know if the voda wm6 will support Blackberry connect??
    I have bbc running on voda wm5. I know th e ATT wm6 will not support bbc
    hi all,

can anyone share with us the WM6 of vodafone.

thanks
    Is the WM6 from the xda developer's site a Vodafone version??? In other words, a European version with British English? Nothing against Europeans lol, I'm merely curious.

And do we have some kind of idea as to when the U.S. release will come from Palm???
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    The Vodafone one is quicker (IMO) than the AT&T version....i've got a 750v and had both versions and noticed the vodafone WM6 to be smoother.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast