Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to write a script that would notify you when an email has arrived into an Inbox Subfolder ?? I am a user of your scripts and dont know the limits. Thought I would get some input as to 'is this possible" or not.

I would like to leave my rules files running so they “file” my incoming messages into subfolders, but using the standard pocket outlook it requires me to look to see if a new message has arrived.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    So when you file incoming messages into subfolders WM5 doesn't generate a notification? I assume then the email count doesn't increase either?
    hannip...sub folders give no notifications and do not increase your message count.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Right - On MS Exchange I have rules to file incoming messages as they arrive. There is no notification in ALERTS or in pocket outlook when new messages arrive. In the old chatter summary folder or with BBerrys it is great, but the way Poc Outlook is designed the inbox subfolders mirror the exhange server.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    How odd. Does a new file get generated under \Windows\Messaging when you get new emails in your subfolder? If so you could have a script wake up every n minutes and check the latest timestamp for the files in that folder. If there are new entries it can generate alerts.

You could do better with an eVC program since it could generate normal email alerts just like when you get new emails to the Inbox.