1.    #1  
    Sometimes it gets really slow and many a times it hangs for no apparent reason. Many a times it is working fine and then the screen goes off. I have keyguard enabled, so when I hit the power button again, screen comes back on, but pressing center button wont unlock the device, so I have to do soft-reset. Sometimes a caller calls, but even on pressing green button, it wont pick up and call disconnects as a missed call...

Is there any way I could speed things up a little... any tips or softwares??
    I have memaid and I regularly do cleanup and notification check, but anything else I could do.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yes i have One tip! Install WM6. It will fly
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Sometimes it gets really slow and many a times it hangs for no apparent reason. Many a times it is working fine and then the screen goes off. I have keyguard enabled, so when I hit the power button again, screen comes back on, but pressing center button wont unlock the device, so I have to do soft-reset. Sometimes a caller calls, but even on pressing green button, it wont pick up and call disconnects as a missed call...

Is there any way I could speed things up a little... any tips or softwares??
    I have memaid and I regularly do cleanup and notification check, but anything else I could do.
    What programs are you runnning on the background when this happens?
    You could assign a CloseAll app to a hardware button for instance
    WM6 is a little faster, but it's not that fast that it'll blow you out of your seat
    I notice this now and then when I have been running a lot of stuff. Just hold down the ok button and then click the end all. You may get a warning that 'Phone' is in use or something like that, don't worry about it, it's just the dial pad screen. This will usually bring the functionality back to speed. I typically do this about once a day or so.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    have weatherpanel installed?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    I have iLauncher/phoneAlarm/conduits pocketplayer/coreplayer/pocketbreeze/AE button plus installed.. other than these there are some other apps, which I rarely run in free time... I do close all apps using iLaucher task manager when it gets slow. I have memmaid, and use it to reclaim RAM, sometimes it does, sometimes nothing. My free RAM after soft reset it 27MB and after it goes below 18MB, it gets slowing down. Soft-reset is usually the only way I can get things better. Hope there be a solution.
    Great tip - holding the ok and hitting the red "end all" button - I had been using part of the pocket plus program from sbk for this - most people don't realize that hitting the ok button alone doesn't stop programs - even in WM6 - they just keep stacking up in the background!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blunz View Post
    Great tip - holding the ok and hitting the red "end all" button - I had been using part of the pocket plus program from sbk for this - most people don't realize that hitting the ok button alone doesn't stop programs - even in WM6 - they just keep stacking up in the background!

I have SBP Pocket Plus installed. When I hit ok & end at the same time, my programs don't stop. Is there a setting somewhere in the SPB menu to accomplish this?

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by netjack View Post
    I have SBP Pocket Plus installed. When I hit ok & end at the same time, my programs don't stop. Is there a setting somewhere in the SPB menu to accomplish this?

thx
    What you can do is go into your buttons settings panel and set it to close a program instead of minimize, or you can set it (as I do) to bring up the context menu that spb adds to the close button, which gives you options for minimize, close, close all, or switch to another app.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    what's really strange is my "end" button isn't listed as one of the buttons I can customize under "settings->button"..

i had ae button installed but uninstalled it..what could be causing this disappearance?
    Unless you are talking about accessing the end button with a 3rd party program like "A E Button" then no is is not a customizable button.

P.S. I second the poster who indicated WeatherPanel as a wrench in the works,,,,,, But it only caused me trouble with WM6.