1.    #1  
    Storage--------------------Program

Total 62.95 mb-------------Total 57.45 mb
    In Use 11.00 mb-------------In Use 10.80 mb
    Free 51.95 mb-------------Free 46.65 mb

I am wondering if there is a way to view what is eating up the "in use" memory in my 700wx I think this is to much in use on both sides if all programs have been closed and fresh start from soft reset, how can I get all my memory back? I have OXIOS but it didn't do much I tried SK_lite for like 3.5 minutes and it lookes confusing so I bailed. Any Ideas?

::edit::

I guess I just dont understand the file structure of WM5 I picture it in my head as the treo770wx being a computer containing, 64mb of ram, and the SD card should be the hard drive in witch all the contents of the phone is stored like a desktop computer. I think I should be able to install all the third party software and media onto my sd card (hard drive) and not disrupt my 64mb of ram but it seems evertime i install a third party app on my card it depletes some of my program memory. can someone put this in terms i will understand i am 3 days into the WX from a 650 so this is damn near latin to me. it just doesnt seem to react like a normal windows file structure and OS is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by GarrinChilers; 08/13/2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: epiphany
    This is about the best memory status I have seen. What is your concern?

Storage works like the harddrive
    Program works like the RAM
    You SD card is like an external add on hard drive, not the C: drive

Windows needs to load into the RAM along with drivers and other background programs.

Even if you install the program on the SD card], Windows will still need to add to the registry, add dll and driver files, add icons, pointers.

To me it works just like Windows. You never have all your harddrive space, Even if I install on my external hard drive, some space is being used on the C: drive, and if I have 2 gigabytes of memory installed, I am never able to use "all of it" as you are thinking it should, as windows, drivers, background programs are all loaded into RAM. Right now, I only have IE open as I type this, and of my 2 gig of memory, I only "have" 1.5 gig.

I see no problem.
  3.    #3  
    I guess its just my concern because I have never been on a memory diet before persay. I have to constantly keep the thought of memory on my priority list so I dont get that message that says theres not enough memory to complete requested task. I just wish there was a way to seriously increase the memory of the WX I could never see my self owning a W i pity you poor guys with half as much memory this should have been a main concern from the get go on palms part. to dat this is my only complaint, about my new wx, that and treo alerts doesnt work if you have threaded SMS msging.... hopefully a patch will rectify that though.
    You DO realize that the wx has more user available RAM than almost any other WM5 device, right?

I've run low more often than I'd like to, but this is as good as it gets on WM5.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrinChilers View Post
    I guess its just my concern because I have never been on a memory diet before persay. I have to constantly keep the thought of memory on my priority list so I dont get that message that says theres not enough memory to complete requested task. I just wish there was a way to seriously increase the memory of the WX I could never see my self owning a W i pity you poor guys with half as much memory this should have been a main concern from the get go on palms part. to dat this is my only complaint, about my new wx, that and treo alerts doesnt work if you have threaded SMS msging.... hopefully a patch will rectify that though.
    I have Treo Alerts and the threaded SMS and everything is working on my lowly 700W.
    Quote Originally Posted by weth View Post
    This is about the best memory status I have seen. What is your concern?

Storage works like the harddrive
    Program works like the RAM
    You SD card is like an external add on hard drive, not the C: drive

Windows needs to load into the RAM along with drivers and other background programs.

Even if you install the program on the SD card], Windows will still need to add to the registry, add dll and driver files, add icons, pointers.

To me it works just like Windows. You never have all your harddrive space, Even if I install on my external hard drive, some space is being used on the C: drive, and if I have 2 gigabytes of memory installed, I am never able to use "all of it" as you are thinking it should, as windows, drivers, background programs are all loaded into RAM. Right now, I only have IE open as I type this, and of my 2 gig of memory, I only "have" 1.5 gig.

I see no problem.
    I agree....I don't have that much in my phone's memory, but my memory is in the kb!!!! I would love to learn a trick or two to help!!!!

GarrinChilers: What are you running on yours? I am guessing not too much!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrinChilers View Post
    Storage--------------------Program

Total 62.95 mb-------------Total 57.45 mb
    In Use 11.00 mb-------------In Use 10.80 mb
    Free 51.95 mb-------------Free 46.65 mb

I am wondering if there is a way to view what is eating up the "in use" memory in my 700wx I think this is to much in use on both sides if all programs have been closed and fresh start from soft reset, how can I get all my memory back? I have OXIOS but it didn't do much I tried SK_lite for like 3.5 minutes and it lookes confusing so I bailed. Any Ideas?

::edit::

I guess I just dont understand the file structure of WM5 I picture it in my head as the treo770wx being a computer containing, 64mb of ram, and the SD card should be the hard drive in witch all the contents of the phone is stored like a desktop computer. I think I should be able to install all the third party software and media onto my sd card (hard drive) and not disrupt my 64mb of ram but it seems evertime i install a third party app on my card it depletes some of my program memory. can someone put this in terms i will understand i am 3 days into the WX from a 650 so this is damn near latin to me. it just doesnt seem to react like a normal windows file structure and OS is there something I am missing?

Those numbers are fine. Your storage usage is the OS and whatever else you have on there which Im betting is not much if anything. The program is what is running the OS. You are looking for a fix of something that isnt broken.
    What are you doing when you get an out of memory error?

I've never had memory issues on the 700wx. Occasionally I'll have to clear my browser cache, but that's it. I never even close any apps, they just keep running. WM5 is designed to close programs when it needs more memory so I don't worry about it.

Why are you concerned with your available memory? Are you doing something that causes you to think you are out of memory?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Why is my memory so much lower?
    Storage -
    Total -62.95 MB
    In Use - 11.74 MB
    Free - 51.22

Program -
    total -25.45
    In use -17.43
    Free -8.02

How do I free up more, or make more available.???
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have been wondering why 64 MB of RAM seems to be the standard maximum on Windows Mobile devices. Looking at comparisons of the available devices at Pocket PC Magazine, the HTC Advantage seems to be one of the few Windows Mobile devices offered with 128 MB of RAM standard.

I am sure that many of us would be willing to pay more for a 128 MB handheld. Does the operating system limit the usefulness of that extra memory?
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

My first Treo (the 180)
    Man, I still don't understand why you're complaining. You have over 45MB of memory left to open things with, and with that much, you could open like 10-12 programs before you even get close to the limit.

As far as storage goes, you basically have all of it that you're ever going to have.

If it worries you that much (no reason to worry you, but I guess you're just a little paranoid), then get MagicButton. It actually closes applications when you hit the X, instead of just minimizing them, like WM5 normally does.
    I don't know how you can have 45 mb of memory mine looks like this.

STORAGE PROGRAM
    Total: 62.95mb 57.45mb
    In use: 60.00mb 18.65mb
    FREE: 2.95mb 38.80mb

All I have installed is threaded sms and resco file explorer. My file larger than 64kb only equals 742.5kb. I need to install a 3rd party program from Skyscape for work which only needs 1.5mb but even if I try to save it to the card I keep getting the "Storage memory critical message" Please help I'm new to the 700wx from a 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8686 View Post
    I don't know how you can have 45 mb of memory mine looks like this.

STORAGE PROGRAM
    Total: 62.95mb 57.45mb
    In use: 60.00mb 18.65mb
    FREE: 2.95mb 38.80mb

All I have installed is threaded sms and resco file explorer. My file larger than 64kb only equals 742.5kb. I need to install a 3rd party program from Skyscape for work which only needs 1.5mb but even if I try to save it to the card I keep getting the "Storage memory critical message" Please help I'm new to the 700wx from a 650
    First clear out your IE cache. You can do that inside of IE by going to menu-tools-options and selecting the memory tab. Clear files and history. Then check out "Memaid". You can get it free as a trial. There you can use its storage function to find out where your big files are located and delete them. Are you downloading email attachements to your device? There is definately a nugget of files that is using up your memory if you only have sms and resco installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkyle View Post
    Why is my memory so much lower?
    Storage -
    Total -62.95 MB
    In Use - 11.74 MB
    Free - 51.22

Program -
    total -25.45
    In use -17.43
    Free -8.02

How do I free up more, or make more available.???
    You're obviously using the 700W which is why your program memory is so small. As for your storage, you have more than enough for anything you want to do. Nothing can be done to increase the program memory, thats why the 700w is no longer sold.
    Last edited by nyc_rock; 09/25/2007 at 07:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I am really surprised that with memory being so cheap that they still pinch on these devices. Why not throw in 512MB or even a GB. Perhaps battery performance is the issue. I don't know. Just seems that memory is one are you don't want to skimp.
    No rock I am not downloading any email or even surfing the web for that matter. I do have a few mp3 ringtones from my wmp but the songs are relatively short and stored on an expansion card
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank8686 View Post
    No rock I am not downloading any email or even surfing the web for that matter. I do have a few mp3 ringtones from my wmp but the songs are relatively short and stored on an expansion card
    Sounds strange Frank. You should check out memaid like I suggested. It will map out your storage usage.