Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ever since I Added the wm6 sms to my phone whenever I load the program I start recieving text messages back from February. can anyone tellme whats causing this and how to stop it i'm going nuts here. It never did this when i Had the old hack on
    I get old text messages (in bulk of 10) usually when i soft reset my phone. Started happening when I loaded WM6 SMS. They appear to be coming in chronological order, so I'm hoping that I'll be "caught up" soon, and it'll just stop after that.
    They wont stop I think its caused by Treo Alerts. It conflicts bad with sms threader. I deletet treo alerts and it resolved it immediatly and i worked at it for 4 hours and i truely beleive thats what it was.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    what is treo alerts and how do i get rid of it?
    I have Treo Alerts and the wm6 version of the threaded sms and havent had this issue.

On my 700wx I had the WM5 version of the threaded sms and Treo Alert with no issues like this.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Hmmm maybe because im running sms threader for WM6 and i have WM5? the smsthreader works great I absolutely love it. I have downloaded and installed treoalerts at least 5 times and it does something stupid everytime I install it either i get floods of old msg's or treoalerts just doesnt do what its supposed to or it causes a memory leak or something I will wait for the next version or a similar product, I didn't really like the interface of treoalerts much anyway it felt choppy and looked like a palm application to me I understand its a free app and i totally support it but its just not working for me, I wish it would I could really use it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denik View Post
    I get old text messages (in bulk of 10) usually when i soft reset my phone. Started happening when I loaded WM6 SMS. They appear to be coming in chronological order, so I'm hoping that I'll be "caught up" soon, and it'll just stop after that.
    This is exactly my problem. The only thing i recieve almost 50 text messages a day. I'll have to soft reset my phone 100's of times before it gets all caught up
    Crazy... I have TA and WM6 SMS and have not had these issues... hope they don't start, as they are my two favorite programs...
    END OF LINE
    TA has nothing to do with you getting old sms messages. What is probably happening is that the sms ril bridge needs to be cleaned out.

Try this.
    1) download and install SKTools.
    2) run SKTools and select databases.
    3) scroll down till you see "p1RilSmsBridgeDb" and highlight it.
    4) click left soft key "Action" button and select "Empty". Confirm.
    5) soft reset and see if your old sms's stop coming.
    Mine is doing this as well as soon as i loaded it i got a message saying im getting into the shower from an ex of mine i was like why do i care??? really screwin with my head
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    TA has nothing to do with you getting old sms messages. What is probably happening is that the sms ril bridge needs to be cleaned out.

Try this.
    1) download and install SKTools.
    2) run SKTools and select databases.
    3) scroll down till you see "p1RilSmsBridgeDb" and highlight it.
    4) click left soft key "Action" button and select "Empty". Confirm.
    5) soft reset and see if your old sms's stop coming.

Gave that a try no luck. it only started doing this after i followed your instructions on how to upgrade the threaded sms to the wm6 version. maybe its something in that process that is messig it up any ideas?
    As an experiment try renaming the file \Windows\PalmMsgV001 to something else and soft reset. See if the old messages stop.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    As an experiment try renaming the file \Windows\PalmMsgV001 to something else and soft reset. See if the old messages stop.
    Still no luck. that erased all my current text messages that I was saving but I'm still getting old ones in chronological order its up to March now. In may is when i got unltd texting so I have thousands more to recieve. Everytime I load messaging it will send me ten messages. if i go to Running program list and stop messaging when i start it again it will recieve another 10 messages. if there was a way to make it recieve all the messages instead of 10 at a time i could live with that I'd Just leave it over night to accept tehm all. but i have to exit out of messaging and enter again to get 10 more messages. I tried uninstalling and going back to the messaging program. worked fine, no old messages. as soon as i reinstalled the sms. it continued where it left off recieving old messages
    ok rename that file back and soft reset to restore your messages.

So could it be that you didn't clear the text messages in poutlook before installing Palm sms? I'm wondering if the WM6 version is migrating them. Have you tried backing up, hard reset, install resco and the Palm app w/ WM6 update files. If it does't stop at that point it's the carrier that is sending them.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ok rename that file back and soft reset to restore your messages.

So could it be that you didn't clear the text messages in poutlook before installing Palm sms? I'm wondering if the WM6 version is migrating them. Have you tried backing up, hard reset, install resco and the Palm app w/ WM6 update files. If it does't stop at that point it's the carrier that is sending them.
    Ok it's fixed Thanx for all your help hannip. It was a very annoying couple of days.

In case anyone else is having this problem, uninstall palm messaging. soft rest. go into poutlook, select text messages. Delete all you old messages. reinstall the wm6 sms......no more annoying old messages!!!!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This happened to me as well. It was WM6 migrating them in my case as even with the radio off I received messages. I couldn't stand it after a short while and did a hard reset/ backup restore.

CLICK HERE