1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700w camera phone. I want to remove the camera because of work. I believe the Treo 700W housing unit is compatible with the housing of the 700P. Would anybody have the housing unit for the 700P non-camera??
    Really only the back piece. Even if it is used, i don't care.. Thanks..
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm not sure where you could pickup a 700 case minus the camera, those phones aren't in wide distribution. Here's an article on disabling the camera of a 650 that you could do: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84979

Or you could try modding a spare case off ebay: http://search.ebay.com/treo-700-hous...ageNameZRC0021

CLICK HERE

3.    #3  
    Thanks Bo,

I read that article. I wanted the phone to look like there was never no camera. And you are right, there are no housing out there without the camera. Every housing includes the camera..
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    A bunch of the 6700 guys had to mod their housings because the speaker sucked. They opened up the speaker hole and put a headphone earbud cover in its place. Something like that may work for you. Perhaps some very thin ABS plastic, cut to fit and secured (super glue perhaps) in place of the camera lens/ portrait mirror section?

CLICK HERE

Maybe Im missing something but why would you have to remove your camera from your phone to use it at work???
    Imagine you worked at a place that had defense contracts and to work on the project you needed Security Clearance. Do you think they would like someone going in their with a camera that could take pictures of top secret projects and send it out with barely a trace?

There are many other reasons, but that is the most obvious to me.
    Yeah, there are a lot of government environments that don't allow cameras, and also a lot of company environments. Security is a huge deal.
  8.    #8  
    The reason I can't have the camera is because the courthouses do not allow them in. For attorneys, courts allow a phone, BUT it must be without a camera..