1.    #1  
    Sorry, title should have read WM6 treo.

Did anyone who upgraded their 750 to WM6 notice slingplayer rendering smoother? By this I mean I still have WM5 on my 750 and the slingplayer is pretty good but it's not smooth flowing like normal tv. Just curious if you noticed a difference once the HSDPA was unlocked.

Also, did you have to get a new registration key? I talked to one of their technicians a few months back and they said once the WM6 came out I would need to contact them for a new key but I noticed they have a new update available for WM5 & WM6 devices.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wookiee2cu; 08/13/2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: mistype
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post
    Sorry, title should have read WM6 treo.

Did anyone who upgraded their 750 to WM6 notice slingplayer rendering smoother? By this I mean I still have WM5 on my 750 and the slingplayer is pretty good but it's not smooth flowing like normal tv. Just curious if you noticed a difference once the HSDPA was unlocked.

Also, did you have to get a new registration key? I talked to one of their technicians a few months back and they said once the WM6 came out I would need to contact them for a new key but I noticed they have a new update available for WM5 & WM6 devices.

Thanks!
    I have noticed a bit better performance since loading WM6. I too was using the hack.

Yes, you will need to contact Sling to get a new reg key. A PIA for sure. I found a bug with the custom channel input. It seems that if you use the auto suggest feature of the text input, the Sling screen for entering the custom channel numbers won't work. It only allows a couple of letters before it clears itself out. The solution was to disable the auto suggestion in the SIP Input control panel then Sling will work without issue. Once your channels are in, you can re-enable the suggestive text.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I'd still need a new key since they had a new release for the slingplayer which now includes WM6 (it didn't when I purchased it).
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    I was afraid to ask them this question when I got my new registration key....

Am I authorized to run slingbox mobile on both of my phones or do I need two keys?!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    I was afraid to ask them this question when I got my new registration key....

Am I authorized to run slingbox mobile on both of my phones or do I need two keys?!
    You need two keys - when you start Slingplayer Mobile and the red sling logo is displayed, it's actually checking your license with their server. It will only allow one licensed copy per key.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    I suppose the workaround is to keep flashing a new rom on to my 8525....lol.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)