1.    #1  
    I'm using a Transcend 4gb card and I can only see the top level of folders. If I click on any folder it appears to be empty, whether I do it through desktop explorer or through the treo file explorer. When I click on the SD card properties it shows the memory as full, but I know I had a couple hundred mb free. If I take the card out and put it back in it asks if I want to view the photos.

...is the card dead? Any ideas as to how to get at the data?

Also, my storage memory on the treo seemed to be slowly going down and I have no idea why. I'm storing email attachments to the card and haven't added any new programs.

I did a hard reset, but still can't see anything on the card other than first level.

boy I wish I had backed up the card, as now I'll have to spend hours locating all the cabs.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I have backups of my cabs for just this reason. I hate being stuck like that if I need something.

Mine does that asking about photos thing too... never did before, but then a few months ago started... meh.

Try copying the folders from the top level on the card to your desktop and see if the data is still in there... you may just have all your stuff saved there, but it's not showing up for some weird reason, in which case, nothing's lost, obviously, but you might need a new card...
    END OF LINE
  3.    #3  
    Copying the folder didn't work unfortunately.

I did have a copy of the card a few weeks ago, but I got a new cpu and hadn't gotten around to backing it up yet.

Would reformating the card work, or do I need to get a new one?
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 08/13/2007 at 11:16 AM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I would definitely try reformatting before I bought a new one, provided you've come to terms with the fact that what's on there is gone. I had a problem with a card in my camera, and a reformat did the trick... who knows?
    END OF LINE