Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    When my phone has been idle for a while, the GOOD pwd kicks in and wants me to enter a pwd to get into the phone. Company requirement, I can only push it out to 30min but I can't get rid of it. Is there a tweak/hack to disable the pwd request altogether? If that wasn't painful enough, when I receive an incoming call and the GOOD pwd wants me to enter a pwd, I can't see who's calling. What's up with this??
    This one drove me crazy. Fortunately like with everything else, Good is not that bright with the way they implemented the password. Easy to circumvent.

HKCU > ControlPanel > GoodLink > Password
    Change key ITLocked from 1 to 0, then go to Settings > Lock and uncheck “Prompt if device unused for”
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    god damn u're good..worked like a charm..can't thank you enough..now only if there was a way to copy my contacts over using a csv file you'd be godly!!!

i have a post on this:
    http://forum.treonauts.com/palm-os-s...ive-synch.html
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    This one drove me crazy. Fortunately like with everything else, Good is not that bright with the way they implemented the password. Easy to circumvent.

HKCU > ControlPanel > GoodLink > Password
    Change key ITLocked from 1 to 0, then go to Settings > Lock and uncheck “Prompt if device unused for”

wow thats discouraging considering we are about to embark on enforcing passwords on our Treos. Is there any other registry password hack you know of?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    Good Mobile Messaging Admin
    ver. 4.9 and 5.0 with 1535 users
    BES Admin
    ver. 4.1.4 with 1457 users
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    hello all i just changed phone from 700w to 700wx and its not letting me install good the error states i have the email address on another device call it is there any way around this. please help.
    Good 5.0 will eliminate this hack.
    You will be able to dial without password as well.
  8. WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessgrind View Post
    Good 5.0 will eliminate this hack.
    How do you know this? I do not see it in their release notes. Do you work for Good?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    How do you know this? I do not see it in their release notes. Do you work for Good?

I spoke to a Sr. Strategic Solution Engineer at Good yesterday and he told me. I am testing Good 5.0 and will test this soon, not that i dont trust Good but ya know....
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    BES Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by iamluvinlife View Post
    I spoke to a Sr. Strategic Solution Engineer at Good yesterday and he told me.
    You put way too much faith in those guys. I have to assume you have not had much experience with them in the past 3 years. Unfortunately there is no password "fix" that these knuckleheads can implement that can't be hacked within 15 minutes. It has to do with the basic architecture of their application. Very poor and wide open.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    You put way too much faith in those guys. I have to assume you have not had much experience with them in the past 3 years. Unfortunately there is no password "fix" that these knuckleheads can implement that can't be hacked within 15 minutes. It has to do with the basic architecture of their application. Very poor and wide open.
    Conekkted, too bad you don't work for my company (or maybe you do...) but it would sure be great to have a resource like you for these issues, all I ever hear is "try rebooting" or "not sure"--and I work for a very big company with 1,000's using GMM.

Although you can be somewhat cynical at times your responses in my opinion are spot on.....

Thanks for all your help.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Although you can be somewhat cynical at times...
    Unfortunately you are correct. I am very cynical when it comes to talking about Good and their products. Overly cycnical at times. GMM issues monopolize 25% of my team's resources, so sometimes it is hard for me to know where to draw the line. Sorry about that everyone.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    yea your right i am just hoping they make a better product.
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    BES Admin