Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. treotogo's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was going to post this in the "wm6 rom on xda" thread but i felt it would get lost. I really like wm6 on the 750.....in fact i went and purchased one just to do the update.

    I got the 750 when it was launched but with the loss of audio other bugs i returned it back to at&t (cingy name then) within the 30 days. Two things this wm6 version does that wm5 did is:
    1. Word completion will suddenly stop working. It restores after reset.
    2. If you miss a call, the text message screen opens. Sometimes it will open when someone leaves a voicemail. Maybe the message program is suppose to open and it's not a bug. I have only had it happen on the 750 with wm5/6, not on any HTC devices I have owned.

    I haven't noticed any difference in the battery at all. Volume and sounds seem the same. It's only been a couple days and these are really nit-picky finds.
  2. #2  
    And what about low-backllight issue? Some wrote that when baklight level is under 50% Treo turns on itself after power down.
  3. #3  
    Phone hangs sometimes when changing themes.

    "Hangs" sometimes like wm5 did

    Haven't noticed much else. I think 3g is more efficient now, which is a major plus for me. Phone lasts all day even with 3G enabled. I assume they updated the radio firmware also.
  4. treotogo's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    And what about low-backllight issue? Some wrote that when baklight level is under 50% Treo turns on itself after power down.
    Do you mean when you power the "phone" off in from the wireless mananger? Or just from hitting the red key/hang-up to turn off the backlight? The 750 does not power down like the blackjack or HTC's....you have to pull out the battery to completely power down the device.
    I keep my backlight just below 50% and it hasn't happened.....again I've only had this wm6 installed for 2 days.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotogo View Post
    Do you mean when you power the "phone" off in from the wireless mananger? Or just from hitting the red key/hang-up to turn off the backlight? The 750 does not power down like the blackjack or HTC's....you have to pull out the battery to completely power down the device.
    I keep my backlight just below 50% and it hasn't happened.....again I've only had this wm6 installed for 2 days.
    Of course I mean "power down" with single power-key press I'm using the second step from down - I have black layaout so with low backlight it looks good and my battery works 3-4 days (with about 40 msgs a day).

    Anyway, thanks for info. Now when there's a way to unbrand the rom the temptation is bigger
  6. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    ...then go back into opera browser, press reload & only then it connects.
    Does it work properly with Pocket IE?
  7. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotogo View Post
    I was going to post this in the "wm6 rom on xda" thread but i felt it would get lost. I really like wm6 on the 750.....in fact i went and purchased one just to do the update.

    I got the 750 when it was launched but with the loss of audio other bugs i returned it back to at&t (cingy name then) within the 30 days. Two things this wm6 version does that wm5 did is:
    1. Word completion will suddenly stop working. It restores after reset.
    2. If you miss a call, the text message screen opens. Sometimes it will open when someone leaves a voicemail. Maybe the message program is suppose to open and it's not a bug. I have only had it happen on the 750 with wm5/6, not on any HTC devices I have owned.

    I haven't noticed any difference in the battery at all. Volume and sounds seem the same. It's only been a couple days and these are really nit-picky finds.
    sorry to hear that you have these bugs...i have had my 750 ever since it came out for cingular...and i have not had any of those issues...as for #2, i think if you check the notification settings you change that...
  8. #8  
    The backlight issues starts if you have the brightness set at 2 steps below the center or lower.
  9. #9  
    I have noticed that in PIE there is a horizontal scroll bar with some web pages for no reason.

Posting Permissions