Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Whenever I go to a website that also has a WAP version, I am automatically redirected to the WAP version. I would prefer to see the full version.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a setting or REG hack?

Thanks.
    You can change the Browser User Agent to IE6 for example, using software like tweaks2k. You could also track down the right registry key to change for free via google.

Surur
    i had the same question a few days ago. noone answered but i think i tracked down the right hack.

you need to disable the cingular proxy

http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks...xy/index.shtml
    Disabling the Cingular proxy only serves to change the routing of your connection to the internet. It doesn't keep your device from telling the website you go to that you are a handheld device running WM5 (or WM6) and it automatically shunting you to their mobile pages rather than the full website. The only way to fix that is to modify the registry, using something like Resco Registry Editor to change the 'user agent' settings.

Here's the instructions that someone on this forum provided to me. I'm posting from my Treo, so I can't track back to give the proper attribution. I keep these instructions in 'Notes' so I can refer to them when needed. Remember, don't try this unless you are comfortable editing your registry.

Change WAP to Full

Change the 'user agent' identification of PIE
    To change the 'user agent' identification of Pocket Internet Explorer, several fields need to be adjusted. The example shows how to identify as Internet Explorer 6 - desktop version.

The standard compliance 'user-agent' string:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\(Default) = "Mozilla/4.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    Defaults to "Mozilla/2.0".

The application/version string: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Version = "MSIE 6.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes) Defaults to "MSIE 4.01".

The host operating system string:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Platform = "Windows NT 5.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    Defaults to "Windows CE"

Please note that if you change the Platform string, PDA-friendly sites may stop sending you PDA-friendly content automatically. Leave this string set to "Windows CE" unless a site absolutely refuses to work, or you want the site to feed you its normal content.