Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just want to share...

I unlocked the 750 extended rom, following the patcher and security cert install (in my other topic) to delete the 2 rubbish AT&T files in the extended rom, did a hard reset, I got a clean Palm WM6 rom without any of the AT&T apps. Ram is now in a very good level (still slightly lower than WM5 though). It works very smooth (impression only: even smoother than previous ATT install) and after a few hours of my regular usage, I haven't found any problem vs ATT install.

A carrierDB.pxp file still would be installed with this (believe the AT&T one is just an update) and takes up 1.3mb ram. Since I set up my own server setting, I replaced this with a zero mb file and save this 1.3mb. So far so good. No irregularity found with my connection. Suggest you back up the file first before this change.

Want to share my finding here for those who wants a cleaner rom. I didn't but you might want to backup the two ATT files from the extended rom just in case...

USE THIS INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    i wonder if that fixes the issue with the Wells Fargo site.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by stanip View Post
    Just want to share...

I unlocked the 750 extended rom, following the patcher and security cert install (in my other topic) to delete the 2 rubbish AT&T files in the extended rom, did a hard reset, I got a clean Palm WM6 rom without any of the AT&T apps. Ram is now in a very good level (still slightly lower than WM5 though). It works very smooth (impression only: even smoother than previous ATT install) and after a few hours of my regular usage, I haven't found any problem vs ATT install.

A carrierDB.pxp file still would be installed with this (believe the AT&T one is just an update) and takes up 1.3mb ram. Since I set up my own server setting, I replaced this with a zero mb file and save this 1.3mb. So far so good. No irregularity found with my connection. Suggest you back up the file first before this change.

Want to share my finding here for those who wants a cleaner rom. I didn't but you might want to backup the two ATT files from the extended rom just in case...

USE THIS INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I guess that CarrierDB contains all the network parameters (mms settings, apn, proxy if needed, etc...)needed to automagically configure the phone when a different sim is inserted.

If you are using only a single provider and the phone is already configured you have almost no problem, but i think that you have to insert the netwotk parameters by hand after an HR.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616