Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am new to the treo world and feel a bit overwhelmed. I would like to find a program that can show me weather forecasts on my today screen. I have a wifi card so I would like to use that to get weather updates instead of through verizons network. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    What phone / operating system do you have?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

If you're on a Windows Mobile Treo, there are several good options - among them Spb Weather and Fizz Weather. Or, you might consider Spb Mobile Shell, which takes up very little Today screen space, and offers weather and a whole lot more ...
    For the WM devices I like WeatherPanel best. Totally customizable and free.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I use Journal Bar and I highly recommend it. You get weather along with news. They scroll at a time determined by you. I scroll mine every 12 seconds. I get news, sports and weather. It's awesome.

http://www.omegaone.com/journalbar/ppc/default.htm
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    For the WM devices I like WeatherPanel best. Totally customizable and free.
    Any idea why my Weatherpanel has stopped updating itself?

It won't even do a manual update?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I use Journal Bar and I highly recommend it. You get weather along with news. They scroll at a time determined by you. I scroll mine every 12 seconds. I get news, sports and weather. It's awesome.

http://www.omegaone.com/journalbar/ppc/default.htm
    Am I reading that correctly? Weather forecasts for 14 cities?
    dannyboy I have no idea why it is not updating for you. My installation is working fine.
    dannyboy try removing your city and then adding it back again. Since I wrote the last post at 6:00 my installation stopped updating too. So I removed the city and then added it again and everything is fine.

Hope this helps.
    Actually,
    of you delete the DATA folder under the weatherpanl install directory, it will clear out everything, and redownload the data.

That's what worked for me.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    weather panel seems to update fine for me.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    dannyboy I have no idea why it is not updating for you. My installation is working fine.
    Lot's of folks seem to be having WP updating issues. See here...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Am I reading that correctly? Weather forecasts for 14 cities?
    Correct!
    Treo 700WX - VZW