Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I know this might belong in the Bluetooth forum but there's not much action over there so I'm posting here. Does anyone know if it's possible for the Treo (specifically a VZW 700wx) to be "connected" to 2 bluetooth devices at once? For example, if I have a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth car kit in my car that are both paired up to the Treo and a call comes in, can I answer on whichever device I want and talk?

The reason I'm asking is because my current headset (Jabra BT8010) does not work well with the Treo at all; however, I need something to use in the car and caller id is a requirement for me (I only use my headset in the car). I was thinking about getting a bluetooth headset without caller id and a bluetooth car kit with caller id (the type that clips to your visor). My thinking is that when a call comes in I can see who's calling first and if I want to pick up I can either just use the speakerphone in the car kit or, if someone is in the car with me, I can pick up using my headset.

Is this possible?
    I have a BT A2DP stereo adapter attached the car stereo and wear a BT headset at the same time without problem. It attaches to both. It streams stereo over the A2DP adapter and if a call comes in it pauses the music, rings and switches over to the BT headset. When the call is done, it goes back to the A2DP and continues playing where it left off.
    When I am in the car and am using my Tom Tom 6 with BT GPS reciever I am unable to talk over my Plantronics 650.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    When I am in the car and am using my Tom Tom 6 with BT GPS reciever I am unable to talk over my Plantronics 650.
    I can understand why this won't work since the Tom Tom is connected to the Treo at all times. In my proposed scenario, only one device would actually be connected to the Treo at any given time (the device that I decide to answer or initiate a call with).
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Anyone else have info on this?