Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    there is treo alerts, cdate, scottys sports, scottys syocks, ect. almost all of the apps created here in the mort forum have a carrier line version. just need to look around and see. ask your self.... what would i like to see in the carrier line? it's probly here.

hope this helps, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Is there going to be a new version of Xcast? It's been a while since we have heard anything. I would realy like to see the multi line version.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I would love to have the actual script for the carrier line. I am finding that TA isnt for me, but Xcast is for me.

Thanks,
    Rich
  4.    #64  
    3 months without an update? what is with this developer? will there ever be an update?....

I'm back.

what would you like to see in an update? requests welcomed. if anyone still visits this thread. hmmm. if not. why update? am i talking to myself agian?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Lol,

I really love your Xcast application have you considered making it a standalone carrier line application (for those that dont want TA)?

Thanks,
    Rich
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Lol,

I really love your Xcast application have you considered making it a standalone carrier line application (for those that dont want TA)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    yes rich, i have seen your request for this carrier line. in fact like three times. lol. that's how i do things too. that's cool. i was just waiting to see how many others wanted this to.

it doesn't mater. as of the last few months... your like my only fan left. i will do it even if i am just doing it for you. i am going to wait a few days to see if zbop can fix the issues i have in billboard 1.09. if not i will go to plan b. i will pm you and you will have the first xcast 4.0 version. promiss.

post any other requests for version 4.0 as well. we'll see what i can do.
    cody
  7.    #67  
    Is there a way to make this newer Xcast code work with the carrier line?
    Is there a way to export the MSCR code for the carrier line out of TA?

Im using a much older version of the Xcast script.
    Cody,

I have been using the Xcast carrier line. In the past I had the hidelogo to hide the carrier line, but I noticed to much of a delay. I am interested in this because it gives me something constructive to do with my carrier line instead of hiding it or using an old xcast version.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do with the carrier line area?
    I would love to have the actual script for the carrier line. I am finding that TA isnt for me, but Xcast is for me.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Lol,

Thanks,
    Rich
    and never once did you get mad at no one answering you. your ok in my book rich.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi Cody-

I'd love for your XCast to work in the carrier line, too. But, a question: would the carrier line capability be limited to Treos? Or, would it work on my Mogul's "carrier line." While the Mogul doesn't have one like the Treo, when using Spb Phone Suite it can show the carrier information, and on my Treo would show the old XCast there if using it.

Thanks.

-- Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes rich, i have seen your request for this carrier line. in fact like three times. lol. that's how i do things too. that's cool. i was just waiting to see how many others wanted this to.

it doesn't mater. as of the last few months... your like my only fan left. i will do it even if i am just doing it for you. i am going to wait a few days to see if zbop can fix the issues i have in billboard 1.09. if not i will go to plan b. i will pm you and you will have the first xcast 4.0 version. promiss.

post any other requests for version 4.0 as well. we'll see what i can do.
    cody
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Hi Cody-

I'd love for your XCast to work in the carrier line, too. But, a question: would the carrier line capability be limited to Treos? Or, would it work on my Mogul's "carrier line." While the Mogul doesn't have one like the Treo, when using Spb Phone Suite it can show the carrier information, and on my Treo would show the old XCast there if using it.

Thanks.

-- Andrew
    yes. the spb phone suite, and htc home plugin both use a form of the carrier line. i could get xcast to write to these spots.

the only downside in my book is the lack of room there. that was the big reason to go with a plugin. for example... if i can get say 35 characters in the plugin version, but only 25 in the treo carrier bar there is a lot of info i can't display. the htc home plugin and the spb phone suite may not even give me that much room. no many service providers have a name larger than 15 charaters.

i guess along with requests for what one would like to see in the new version, i should ask what you want to have displayed in the small amount of room you would have. hmmm
  10.    #70  
    ok, i wrote a little test script. this will write to the carrier spots and let us know how much info we can display in there. this will also write to the xcast 3.2 plugin. it will write 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789". please someone run this on the treo carrier bar and let me know how many characters you get.

here are some before and after screen shots..

here is the script below. it is TOTALY uninstallable and safe. in fact it will only write once so have your carrier bar loaded first before installing the cab. as soon as you softreset it will go back to normal.

thanks, cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/05/2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    and never once did you get mad at no one answering you. your ok in my book rich.
    Heh, I showed this thread to the wife (I am annoyingly persistant to say the least). She wasnt surprised to see this, sorry I am such a pain in the neck (just part of who I am in real life).
    Cody,

On a VZW Treo 700wx, the carrier line displays:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1 (& half of the number 2 but not enough to see it says 2).

Let me know if you need any help testing.

Thanks,
    Rich
  13.    #73  
    Heh, I showed this thread to the wife (I am annoyingly persistant to say the least). She wasnt surprised to see this, sorry I am such a pain in the neck (just part of who I am in real life).
    lol.

Cody,

On a VZW Treo 700wx, the carrier line displays:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1 (& half of the number 2 but not enough to see it says 2).

Let me know if you need any help testing.

Thanks,
    Rich
    good job. thanks.
    I have it on my Sprint Mogul 6800 and it works just fine.....i love it.....no problems w/it...
    2 B 1 A S K 1
    Hey Cody,

I hope things are going well for you. I was curious if you had a chance to get that you could put that script together

Thanks buddy!

Rich
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just thought I'd share that 3.2 does not install on the HTC Touch for Verizon (VX6900).

3.1 does install and I love it.

Thank you,

Ed
    Hi Cody,

Any shot of getting that carrier line mortscipt file? I would love to have it!

Thanks,
    Rich
    Hey Cody...Any updates for a treo 800w
    still hoping for this to work on the 750
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Hey Cody...Any updates for a treo 800w
    Bump. (i.e., using Zbop's updated billboard plugin?)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast