1.    #1  
    I stopped by a neighborhood friendly Palm store this afternoon and spoke to a rep about some things. Here's what I could get out of him, some of this you might already know:

*No plans for Wifi anytime soon
    *Next treo product is the 755p for verizon
    *Windows Mobile 6 for 700 exists and is currently in testing. Will come out in late sept-mid Oct and be released through palm
    *Claimed the 800w is a forum hoax and is not true.

How much of it is true and how much isn't I don't know. He says the 755p and the Foleos release is palms main concern right now and a future treo for Sprint will not be out till some time next year the soonest due to 755p just coming out and the 700wx still doing failry well.
  2. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    hope that WM6 part is correct!
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidous)Snake View Post
    I stopped by a neighborhood friendly Palm store this afternoon and spoke to a rep about some things. Here's what I could get out of him, some of this you might already know:

*No plans for Wifi anytime soon
    *Next treo product is the 755p for verizon
    *Windows Mobile 6 for 700 exists and is currently in testing. Will come out in late sept-mid Oct and be released through palm
    *Claimed the 800w is a forum hoax and is not true.

How much of it is true and how much isn't I don't know. He says the 755p and the Foleos release is palms main concern right now and a future treo for Sprint will not be out till some time next year the soonest due to 755p just coming out and the 700wx still doing failry well.
    Huh.

Well I can say this. Both pictures of the "gandolf", by which I mean the White devices one running POS, the other running WM Standard are Palm devices. Prototypes or set to be released? I don't know.

This is evidenced by the fact Palm has claimed copyright infringement and made some sites like PIC pull the pictures and video. And I have confirmation that the WM Standard is also real.

So those two devices are legit. When do they come out? Are they the 800-series? I have no idea (though I doubt the latter--they're more like 690 series).

Going further, as I'm sure you know, even if he does know what is coming up for Sprint or Verizon, by which I mean "big" devices, he wouldn't tell you

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    After the buzz we've all heard about WM6 for the 700wx, I'm thinking that part is probably true. Another parallel bit of info is that VZWs "VZAccess" Vista software for the 700wx has been being pushed back, month after month, and is now set for "September". They post this publicly here: http://www.vzam.net/. Personally, I don't give a hoot. I don't use VZAccess anyway, but you know it is an important part of their relationship with Palm. You know they just have to wait until Palm finishes it. I'm guessing the reason for the extended delay (it was first scheduled on this site for a June or so release but kept being pushed back) is that Palm has decided to make it compatible with WM6 as well as WM5.

What the hell... I get to guess too!

-Frank
    WM6 would be VERY nice - especially the Outlook improvements.

I wonder if my VPN will then be stable or if thr new built-in VPN will support group authentication? That would be deluxe!