1.    #1  
    Okay, I personally don't have an SDHC card (<--Info link; basically 4+ gb cards) but I realize many here would like that feature.

It is confirmed that the 750 WM6 upgrade *does* enable this and someone has kindly isolated the registry keys but they need help on driver extraction.

So what we need is

(1) Someone to walk user bleony through the process to extract the driver
    (2) Someone to .cab it up
    (3) Some people to be testers

Post is here at XDA: LINK

Whole thread here: LINK

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    No volunteers?

This would be great if it works... I wouldn't mind helping, but I uhh, uhh, need to finish some other stuff.

If hannip doesn't jump on it, I might give it a go later.

BTW, it's probably easier to do the extraction yourself than walk someone else through it, JMO.
    If I get a free moment this weekend I'll extract it if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    If I knew anything about any of this, I would do it. Where can I go to get smart on this kind of stuff? 8GB cards would definitely feel good in my 700wx.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I'll be a guinea pig. I've got two 700wxs at my disposal.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Ok, I have extracted the 750 WM6 ROM files and have been reading up on the SD card drivers from the Microsoft docs here.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa447574.aspx

Things to note. The sdhc driver is not a driver specifically for sdhc cards. It's a sd host controller driver. The 700wx already has one of these and it is hardware specific. The 750 uses the Sdhc_sc2410.dll driver which is a driver for the Samsung 2410 SDIO host controller. The 700wx uses the pxa27x_sdhc.dll which is a driver for the Intel xscale host controller. They are not interchangable. We would need to get a driver from a capatible architecture device.

Having said that there is an architecture independant sd bus driver (SDBus.dll) that is interchangable and should just plug in with no registry changes. I'll stick a signed version of this driver into a cab to install on the 700wx. If we are lucky it might just work. If it doesn't we can try grabbing a compatible sd host controller driver from another device that we know supports sdhc cards.

There are also client sd drivers that may be needed. I haven't dug into that yet. One step at a time. Give me a few mintues to whip up a cab. I have no SDHC cards to test so one of you will need to be the Guinea pig.
    Hmm, it's a no go. When I installed the driver my sd card could not be accessed.

Here is the cab for anyone else that wants to try. Install to your device or you won't be able to uninstall.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No joy- the installer reports 0 of 1 files installed and recommends removal and reinstalling after a soft reset. Did this a couple of times without success. No problems accessing non-SDHC cards with application "installed" but no luck accessing SDHC card.

Thanks for trying!

Bill
    Yeah, it was a shot in the dark. We might have better luck with pxa27x drivers. Are there any WM6 xscale devices out there that have known working support for SDHC cards? If so we need an updater for that device or someone that knows how to extract the files from it.
    The X50v has the PXA270 and WM6 just leaked yesterday for it (officially/unoffically), here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498

It officially supports SDHC according to the post.
    Thanks for the pointer g-funkster. Well I extracted the AXIM WM6 files and installed the controller, bus and sdmemory drivers, but no luck.

Here is the cab file if someone wants to tinker with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Thanks for the pointer g-funkster. Well I extracted the AXIM WM6 files and installed the controller, bus and sdmemory drivers, but no luck.

Here is the cab file if someone wants to tinker with it.
    Hey hannip, I opened up the cab and didn't see any registry entries.

I understand that the drivers are a 1-for-1 replacement for the existing drivers, but did you check the registry on WM6 to see if there were any new entries for the drivers? Maybe the sector mode addressing only kicks in if the registry is setup a certain way.
    That could very well be. I would need a reg dump from someone that has installed WM6 on the Axim. I'm not sure how or if I can get that info from the updater file.

My gut feeling though is that these drivers are dependent on new WM6 kernel services which just aren't there in WM5.
    That could very well be. I would need a reg dump from someone that has installed WM6 on the Axim. I'm not sure how or if I can get that info from the updater file.

My gut feeling though is that these drivers are dependent on new WM6 kernel services which just aren't there in WM5.
    Yeah, I sent a PM to mamaich over at XDA asking him if the WM6 drivers were incompatible. Although you would think there would be some kind of loading error if that were the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Yeah, I sent a PM to mamaich over at XDA asking him if the WM6 drivers were incompatible. Although you would think there would be some kind of loading error if that were the case.
    That's just it, they don't load or dotfred's taskmgr is not showing them loaded. I see the drivers have a dependency on the ceddk dll which deals with dma kernel services. That's why I think they are just incompatible, but hopefully I am wrong.
    That's just it, they don't load or dotfred's taskmgr is not showing them loaded. I see the drivers have a dependency on the ceddk dll which deals with dma kernel services. That's why I think they are just incompatible, but hopefully I am wrong.
    Ahh, I didn't realize that. Yeah it's probably dead in the water then. I wonder how that rumored WM6 upgrade is coming along

EDIT: mamaich replied that the WM6 drivers would need to be modified to work under WM5, didn't go into detail.
    Last edited by zbop; 08/14/2007 at 01:23 PM.