1.    #1  
    I am reaching out to all of you for some friendly advice. The other day I dropped my Treo as I was pulling it from my coat pocket as my coat hung in my car. I was lucky as it was a smooth cement floor and the corner took the brunt of the hit but it still got a good ding. I am extremely careful and this rarely happens but I am sure something like this will happen again.

What I am looking for in a case is the following:

Slim as possible.
    Full keyboard and touch screen access because I get two to three hundred emails per day and I don't want to have to open a flap etc., to hit the keys. (I use a screen protector so don't find it necessary to have the screen covered).
    Not tacky because I pocket the Treo all the time and rubber/silicone cases always grab and get caught.
    Easily removable because I swap batteries and SIM card frequently and don't want a case that will stop holding tight.
    I don't want a holster style or clip because of the bulk.

I don't know what this leaves because most hard cases seem to clip closed and the clips are lousy and get worse over time. I have heard that the hard slide in cases tend to scratch the Treo upon insertion and removal but don't have any first hand experience. The Seidio hybrid sounded almost perfect until I heard that they are not recommended for someone who removes it frequently.

I am sure this question has been asked in one form or another numerous times but I feel because I have some very unique requests and more importantly because new cases hit the market all the time this is a fair post.

Can anybody make a suggestion?

Thanks in advance
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hey Dsol, well i have tried and used soo many cases its rediculious...but this is some cases that i have used and they are listed from what i use the most...and here they are...

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-123--2102.htm
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...-123--1719.htm

just ordered this one...i have been looking for a case with a holster...and this one looks like what i have been looking for...

http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-24--2732.htm

and this case also looks really good...with a holster that will hold a hard case...

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-123--2183.htm

and to me this is the best holster...i use it a lot when i travel...

http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-24--1022.htm

hope this helps...
  3.    #3  
    Rino808,

Both of the first two seem to fit the bill. My frustration is that when you check the reviews there is only one for the slider case and only two ratings one of which is not that good. The only leather case comment says it stretched and the Treo fell out after a couple of months.

Have you had a any scratching issues when you insert or remove your slider case and has your leather case stretched out?

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well Dsol i have both of those cases...the rubberized slider case is what i have but they recalled the rubberized one due to the glue wasnt holding the case together...but i use the rubberized slider case daily and often slide the phone out from time to time....no scratching at all...as for the leather case, i also have that one and i really dont know how it could stretch out since its a hard case covered with leather...as for the slider case i know that they only have the crystal one...hope this helps...i have the case mate combo leather and holster on the way, i will let you know how that one is...
    i use the palm air holster it is really great. I've dropped my phone quite a few times, but no scratches or anything on the case, which is quite pleasing.

I like the way that my treo is secure in the holster and its easy to remove when needed.

plus the case being clear, i was able to place stickers and graphics onto my treo and have it shown through the clear case which is great.

I personally dont like non holster cases as I move around a lot and i found that with the other cases where you slip the treo in had a tendency for the treo to fall out.

I would highly recommend the air case.
  6.    #6  
    Well I got the slider case and have been using it for about 4 days and am very satisfied. It is just hard enough/easy enough to get it on and still know it won't come off. I can slide it on and off and swap batteries or take out the sim card and use in my RAZR on the weekends.

I got the rubberized one and I am very happy. If anyone is looking for a case that will accomplish what I describe above then this is probably the way to go. It is nice to know that I won't have any hinges or tabs breaking in the future when I remove it.