1.    #1  
    I'm starting to get very upset mith my palm. It keeps making my emails dissapear. It'll show the new mail envelope but when I click on it and go to my inbox, theres no emails at all. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it. I'm using an AT&T Treo 750 with gmail going into my outlook. Any help would be so wonderful as I'm about to send this thing back... though I don't want to because I really like this phone, if it would just work properly.
    I was having the same problem. I haven't found a fix for it or even figured out why it was doing it, but I got around it for now by installing a different mail program (FlexMail).
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Have you put "recent" before the username? For example:

recent:myname@gmail.com

(replace myname with your gmail username)

This has been an infamous gmail issue. Here's the Gmail help page: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...948&topic=1556
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post

This has been an infamous gmail issue. Here's the Gmail help page: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...948&topic=1556
    That, my friend, is an awesome find.
  5.    #5  
    So where exactly do I place the recent? Anywhere it asks for my username?

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tea.cup View Post
    So where exactly do I place the recent? Anywhere it asks for my username?
    Here's the quote from the Gmail help page:
    For all other POP clients, replace 'username@gmail.com' in your POP client settings with 'recent:username@gmail.com'.
    My experience is it doesn't hurt to do the same in the SMTP setting. However, it's not necessary. You only need to do it in the POP setting.
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
  7.    #7  
    Okay, I did that and it STILL deletes my mail. I sent myself a test email and let it sit there and it just goes POOF!

Is FlexMail worth the $30, do you know of anything "free" that would help me out or maybe I should just use a non-gmail addy? I'm just so fustrated [sp]...And thanks for the help.

Here's the quote from the Gmail help page:

My experience is it doesn't hurt to do the same in the SMTP setting. However, it's not necessary. You only need to do it in the POP setting.
    Actually, even after installing FlexMail, I was still getting that problem. I didn't get it to stop until I deleted my Gmail account from Pocket Outlook. I've only had FlexMail running for a couple of days now, so I don't know yet if it's worth the $30. It's been running smoothly though, so maybe I'll spring for it when my trial is up.

There's also AT&T's Xpress Mail (free), which I also tried but wasn't too happy with. It worked great, actually, but I needed something where if I deleted mail off my handheld, it wouldn't delete it off Gmail.
  9.    #9  
    Where would I find xpress mail?

I think if I don't use gmail and just use my comcast account it seems to be working just fine, too bad because I liked having a web based email. Beggers can't be choosers I guess. Email is email as long as it stops deleting itself. lol

Quote Originally Posted by phoofy View Post
    Actually, even after installing FlexMail, I was still getting that problem. I didn't get it to stop until I deleted my Gmail account from Pocket Outlook. I've only had FlexMail running for a couple of days now, so I don't know yet if it's worth the $30. It's been running smoothly though, so maybe I'll spring for it when my trial is up.

There's also AT&T's Xpress Mail (free), which I also tried but wasn't too happy with. It worked great, actually, but I needed something where if I deleted mail off my handheld, it wouldn't delete it off Gmail.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tea.cup View Post
    Okay, I did that and it STILL deletes my mail. I sent myself a test email and let it sit there and it just goes POOF!
    It's too bad. This setting has been working very well for both my Treo 750 and Samsung Blackjack (and all my previous PalmOS based Treo's)

One thing you may want to make sure is: Are you viewing the "Inbox" folder? I ran into a situation sometime before that I navigated off the Inbox onto another folder. I panicked because there were no messages (as it was the Outbox).

Also, in GMail settings, make sure:
    1. POP is enabled
    2. When messages are accessed in POP - "keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox" is selected.

One more: are you also accessing GMail simultaneously on your desktop using an email client such as Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird? If so, you may want to double check the setting to make sure that it does not remove the message after 'POPing'. A quick test is to turn off your desktop email client before you dive into the settings.

If you have gone through all the above and are still not successful, consider remove your GMail account in your Treo and rebuild a new one.

Good luck.