1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from treo 650 to a 750 and I love it, but I am afraid I might have to take it back since I cannot afford the 40$ data plan. I have always had the 20$ plan unlimited internet but now it doesnt work with the treo 750. I looked at alot of forums for help but no luck. I think its a new problem with the sim cards that they make the new treo owners upgrade to. My friend has a 750 and he doesnt have any problems with the 20$ media max. I talked to a att CS and they told me its not possible to have the 20$ media max plan. I tried putting on and off the feature on the att website with no success. Can anyone confirm that it is the SIM card? Thanks alot in advance. I want to keep the 750!
    I think it is NOT you sim unless it is a 3g sim. Do you have one that has a fireball or says 3g? It maybe there billing system indentifying the new IMEI as the treo 750 and the data plan requirement. Just suck it up and get on the data plan. I go out one less once a month to cover random expenses like that.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk916 View Post
    I just upgraded from treo 650 to a 750 and I love it, but I am afraid I might have to take it back since I cannot afford the 40$ data plan. I have always had the 20$ plan unlimited internet but now it doesnt work with the treo 750. I looked at alot of forums for help but no luck. I think its a new problem with the sim cards that they make the new treo owners upgrade to. My friend has a 750 and he doesnt have any problems with the 20$ media max. I talked to a att CS and they told me its not possible to have the 20$ media max plan. I tried putting on and off the feature on the att website with no success. Can anyone confirm that it is the SIM card? Thanks alot in advance. I want to keep the 750!
    I am not a techie, but I am surprised they can force sim cards to only work on a certain data plan. I have had the 750 since it was released by Cingular in January and have used it with zero problems on the Media Max plan the entire time. I even upgraded my sim card recently with no problems with keeping my Media Max data plan. Honestly, I try to never call CS because it is a waste of time. If you think the problem is your sim card, order a new one off of eBay, have it activated by calling CS, then go online and change your data plan back to Media Max. Then you can keep your 750 and still get that extra meal a month out. Good luck.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does your internet work at all? As far as i know you need a 64k sim card to get 3g speeds. You will either get edge speed or nothing at all with the older 32k card. All i had to do for a new sim card was go into an at&t store and they gave me a new one and copied all my number for me for free