Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    well i got just unlocked the extended ROM and well that gave me at least 4 mb back, to store there...i have been hearing different stories about deleting the 2 files that area in the extended ROM...some say you can some say dont...if i do then it will give me about 8 mb...does anyone know what CapPackage and CarrierDB is for and if we need them...someone said we need them for hardresets...
    i've heard the same, but it gives back 4mbs so I just deleted it and it seems to be working the same.
    I deleted them. My system seemed unstable afterward but it wasn't related to that (I don't think).
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirizill View Post
    i've heard the same, but it gives back 4mbs so I just deleted it and it seems to be working the same.
    Hi, I tried using Total Commander to delete the two files (CapPackage.pxp and CarrierDB.pxp) in the Treo 750 Extended Rom. But after deleting, they just kept coming back. Any suggestion on how to really delete them? Am planning to do a hard reset and see if I can get back the 4mb memory.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Found an answer after a web search... this works so far. Need both patch and sec cert cab.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...olipro+patcher
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12