Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Its been one week since I have had the WM6 upgrade and I ust say that I have reset my device not once. Has anybosy been able to go a whole week with out any resets. I am very happy with how stable it is.
  2. #2  
    For some reason the typing is slow on my Treo with WM6. Not sure if it's a 3rd party app slowing things down.
  3. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #3  
    I've been using a 750 with WM6 for a few days now. No resets at all!

    I switched from a 680 and am trying to deal with the whole POS vs WM transition.

    Particularly that DAMN ON/OFF button (red). Seems like it will always want to go back to the TODAY screen. All I want is for the screen to turn off and remain in the current app.

    Any tips?
    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    I've been using a 750 with WM6 for a few days now. No resets at all!

    I switched from a 680 and am trying to deal with the whole POS vs WM transition.

    Particularly that DAMN ON/OFF button (red). Seems like it will always want to go back to the TODAY screen. All I want is for the screen to turn off and remain in the current app.

    Any tips?
    MS
    Hold down option and hit the end button. It will enable the keyguard and shut off a few seconds later.
  5. #5  
    How and here the @%^ can I get WM6...
  6. #6  
    I reset several times during a given week, even with WM6. However, it should be mentioned that I have well over 30+ apps installed including UI mods like SmallMenu, iLauncher, PhoneWeaver, etc.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #7  
    there is def some prob when changing themes on wm6..either waiting busy circle (win circle) keeps loading for too long or some colors dont change (like menu bar)..
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    there is def some prob when changing themes on wm6..either waiting busy circle (win circle) keeps loading for too long or some colors dont change (like menu bar)..
    Not all themes are compatible with WM6. I would experience lockups when attempting to select older, WM5 themes. Using WM6 specific themes, I have had no issues.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I reset several times during a given week, even with WM6. However, it should be mentioned that I have well over 30+ apps installed including UI mods like SmallMenu, iLauncher, PhoneWeaver, etc.
    JGold do you reset to refresh the phone, or because it locks up on you?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    JGold do you reset to refresh the phone, or because it locks up on you?
    Most of the time something locks up or something stops working.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11. #11  
    I'm only having two issues:

    Backlight shuts off on its own.
    Keyguard seems utterly useless.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  12. #12  
    For the first time after installing WM6 I got the dreaded "issue a voice command, have the audio re-routed to the speaker" issue. Oh well.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  13. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #13  
    [QUOTE=JGold;1325281]Not all themes are compatible with WM6. I would experience lockups when attempting to select older, WM5 themes. Using WM6 specific themes, I have had no issues.[/QUO

    i dont use any extra themes...i found the prob even with the native themes present on device...after upgrade
  14. #14  
    Does anyone use the keyguard?

    I am noticing that when I power up and disable the keyguard, it still shows up (the top half) at the bottom of my screen, and seems to slow down other applications.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Does anyone use the keyguard?

    I am noticing that when I power up and disable the keyguard, it still shows up (the top half) at the bottom of my screen, and seems to slow down other applications.
    I havent encountered no issues with keyGuard
  16. arch113's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #16  
    My Backlight keep coming on durning syncs (exchange and gmail). Very annoying.

    Anyone know how to stop this?

    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    I'm only having two issues:

    Backlight shuts off on its own.
    Keyguard seems utterly useless.
  17. #17  
    I just installed a great app called Mobile Secretary. I always wanted to try it but didn't want to install .net, now WM6 has .net build in and Mobile Sec is only 50 KB.

    Jose
  18. cgavula's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #18  
    So far WM6 has run pretty well for me, but it appears to have a problem with OCN6 Plus navigation software - the app no longer displays correctly. It looks like the application is shifted upward so that you can only see the bottom half of the display and the buttons no longer line up in the app as a result. Makes the program non functional until a fix appears. Don't know if it's an app problem or a WM6 glitch. The program works correctly on a WM5 device and a WM 2003 SE device so I'm inclined to blame WM6.

    --Chris
  19. #19  
    I am still p*ssed off that INDIGO theme wasn't adjusted to have two-tone taskbars... Palm has some nerve

Posting Permissions