1.    #1  
    I believe this PRL 20229 was released on 07/2007
    I grabbed prl_0000 file out of my phone for PRL 20229 version.

I am not sure how to upload this in Treo using sync cabel but some other phones will let you do this using PC/cabel.

joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintpcs View Post
    I believe this PRL 20229 was released on 07/2007
    I grabbed prl_0000 file out of my phone for PRL 20229 version.

I am not sure how to upload this in Treo using sync cabel but some other phones will let you do this using PC/cabel.

joe
    Joe,
    What is PRL 20229?
    B r,
    Mike
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Joe,
    What is PRL 20229?
    B r,
    Mike
    This is the new PRL version released by Sprint last week.
    The latest PRL before this was 20227

If you have sprint phone like Samsung AM900 or similar phone that let you update PRL using USB cable through sync software, you can update your old PRL with 20229 version.

PRL20229 wont improve your reception but it will add more roaming capabilities on your phone when you're out of Sprint coverage area.
    the treo's wont let you manually update. this was done with a ##prl# on other wm sprint phones. dont work with the treo's though. #2 is the only way.

you didn't even need a cable. what i did was donload the plr to somewhere on my phone. hitt ##prl#, navigate to where i saved the prl and then hit ok. real easy.

cody
    Anyone know if this has any significant changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    the treo's wont let you manually update. this was done with a ##prl# on other wm sprint phones. dont work with the treo's though. #2 is the only way.

you didn't even need a cable. what i did was donload the plr to somewhere on my phone. hitt ##prl#, navigate to where i saved the prl and then hit ok. real easy.

cody
    #2 is an invalid feature code. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    #2 is an invalid feature code. ??
    I think cody meant *2 ie call Customer Service and ask them to push the PRL update to your phone.

I stopped by a Sprint store (on my way to running other errands), and asked them to push the PRL to my phone. The CSR checked something on my phone and said yes that there was a PRL update for my phone. He did something on his PC, asked for my phone number and dialed *2 on my phone.

I then heard a voice saying something to effect that RPL update was being applied to my phone.

Everything took less than 5 minutes (PRL update itself was less than 1 minute) and it does not need a device reboot.
    So what is this and what does it do??????
    A Preferred Roaming List (PRL) is a small data file stored inside of a CDMA modem which provides a list of alternate networks to use when the service provider's primary network cannot be reached (roaming). This allows the modem to choose the best roaming carriers, particularly "roaming partners" that the home carrier has a roaming agreement with, rather than using non-affiliated carriers which may incur additional roaming charges.

See this link http://www.proxicast.com/AbsoluteFM/....aspx?faqid=65
    or http://www.proxicast.com/AbsoluteFM/....aspx?faqid=76
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I called *2 and was told I dont need a PRL update but first she said I had to get off the phone so we can manually update it... I told I would call back and get someone else.